Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
olympic
Guest_Anonymous
the olymic was an grand ship in its time as it was the ship that set the standond for ocean travel
Posted on: 2006/11/3 12:00
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane
Re: olympic

From
Group:
Registered Users
That's all fine and good...but why not back up this statement with information...it just looks like you are posting just to get posts. Tell us why it was a grand ship...
Posted on: 2006/11/3 13:38
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the olympic was an very luxury liner as the olympic class liners were the ships that set the standads for cruse lane and also the olympic was an ship that in the time of 1920 was a well loved ship by the public and also a ship that people looked up to
Posted on: 2006/11/20 12:50
  •  whitestar1000
      whitestar1000

From
Group:
Registered Users
i'll tell you all why olympic was a great ship, as she is my favorite ship in the world. olympic was just as great as titanic was, however it was way more reliable than titanic and britannic put together. infact that was her nickname. "old reliable." she got this name when she served in world war 1 as a troop she. also during the war olympic is the only merchant ship to have sunken a german u-boat(she sunk it on my birthday!). she was also the only one out of the olympic class liners to ever complete a commerical voyage. olympic lasted 24 years and could have gone longer, but when cunard took over white star they scrapped her...olympic did not deserve this and i personally will never forgive them for what they did to her. i'm not sure why i'm this attached to olympic...i just am. she was just simply amazing and there just aren't enough words to explain just how great she really was. however it's a shame that everyone kinda undermines her. just because she was titanic's sister. to me olympic was way better than titanic, and any other ship ever to be built before her and after her. there will never be another ship as good as olympic.
Posted on: 2007/3/25 3:55
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
The Olympic was truly a magnificent ship by any standard. She lived up to everything that had been said of her and much, much more. Many of the photos and pictures used to promote the Titanic before her launch were actually the Olympic, as the Titanic was not complete.

She was a fine ship who deserved a more noble fate than the one she received.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/3/27 21:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the olympic should of being made a natural landmark as it was a excellent scheme of engerning and shows how well the ships were progresing for the edwardein stage of the time some parts of the olympic were bought at archtune and sold to private collections or musems like the white wan hotel which has most of the olympics fernishes. its a shame she didnt get any more respect
Posted on: 2007/4/16 12:14
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
The end for Olympic was truly ignominious. She was everything the Titanic was and everything the Titanic wasn't. Everything the Titanic was, in terms of luxury and scale, and state of the art design, everything Titanic wasn't in terms of tragic end and fame. That ship should have been made an historic landmark and kept in service. I'd love to sail aboard her. Perhaps in VR world.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/4/16 16:46
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
it is shame that she had a life as she did lol always under the thick dark cloud that the titanic created as it is said the titanic exceeded its max speed of 23 knots which uis too fast but it is shame what the olympic got for her as she was a famous vessel in which did not deserve what she got as she had a blue ribbion which the titanic didnt and she servived world war one and the only passanger liner to sink an german u boat in 1918 she was just maverlous
Posted on: 2007/4/20 15:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
here are some f my phots which come frm my reserch group lol
hhope u all like them of the olympic
Posted on: 2007/4/21 21:03
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
here are some pictures of the olympic all are under copyright law to me so if u want them email me direct!

Attached file: jpg  brittannic.JPG (26.60 KB)

12893_462a6e6f598b7.jpg 883X390 px
Posted on: 2007/4/21 21:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.