U think it was the captains fault
Posted on: 2002/11/28 5:22
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  maidenvoyage
      maidenvoyage

From Barrie, Ontario Canada
Group:
Registered Users
We all know that the Titanic sank for, of one things, being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The fact that the ship was indeed deemed "unsinkable", the times were SO different then. Today we would be more skeptical, we would not fall for such notions. Too, the ship was going too fast, they were indeed ignoring the ice warnings, and just too cavalier about the whole situation. I believe that the crew itself was not prepared for such a catastrophic situation. All, of course would have never had the opportunity to have worked on a ship the size of Titanic, nor been aware of lifesaving techniques and protocol. It is an event that has changed history for all time. We must never forget her, regardless of, what appears to us to have been unavoidable.
Posted on: 2002/12/18 17:00
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
replying to whos at fault for the sinking?............
Guest_Anonymous
i personally do not feel that the capt. is to blame. he was ordered to light the last boilers. he was merely following a direct order. i don't think that they could have prevented to accident. i work on a boat and we hit small logs in the river at night that we could not even see. we would even have for mates in the wheelhouse keeping a lookout for the capt. you can try your ahrdest to try to prevent an accident from happening. have you ever thought that maybe it was the Titanics fate to sink and to not sail on any longer? and perhaps there was going to be something worse to happen? i am very interseted in hearing what you all have to say.
Posted on: 2003/1/23 6:12
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re:
Guest_Anonymous
Very intersting notion. Yes, I absolutly believe that everything happens for a reason. In life in general, I believe this to be true. Sure, I acn agree that the Tiatanic sank for a specific reason. It opened the eyes for the whole world to see, and to not take so much for granted. The sinking of Titanic has proven to have increased safety and security for all passengers who travel the seas since that cold night in april 1912.

The fact that the Titanic sank, yes, it was destined to go down in history not so much for its short ill-fated voyage, but as a lesson for future generations to come. Which, indeed, it has done.

I appreciate your interest, and let me know what you think of this viewpoint.
Thanks a lot.
Maidenvoyage
Posted on: 2003/1/24 21:21
  •  singerangel181
      singerangel181

From columbus ga usa
Group:
Registered Users
i think it was half the cpat.s falut cuz he told his ppl to turn the titanic.
Posted on: 2003/8/23 20:08
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:165c9896ee="singerangel181"]i think it was half the cpat.s falut cuz he told his ppl to turn the titanic.[/quote:165c9896ee]

officers in the merchant navy are trained to avoid things, and it was 1st officer murdoch who ordered her to be turned hard'a starboard not the captain. and if he didnt turn her around it what was he going to do? crash straight into the iceberg?
Posted on: 2003/8/29 22:50
  •  singerangel181
      singerangel181

From columbus ga usa
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:166fe1ba57="bess"][quote:166fe1ba57="singerangel181"]i think it was half the cpat.s falut cuz he told his ppl to turn the titanic.[/quote:166fe1ba57]

officers in the merchant navy are trained to avoid things, and it was 1st officer murdoch who ordered her to be turned hard'a starboard not the captain. and if he didnt turn her around it what was he going to do? crash straight into the iceberg?[/quote:166fe1ba57]
i understand but if they would of hit it dead on it would broke the iceburg.
Posted on: 2003/9/7 4:45
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:847baf60be="singerangel181"][quote:847baf60be="bess"][quote:847baf60be="singerangel181"]i think it was half the cpat.s falut cuz he told his ppl to turn the titanic.[/quote:847baf60be]

officers in the merchant navy are trained to avoid things, and it was 1st officer murdoch who ordered her to be turned hard'a starboard not the captain. and if he didnt turn her around it what was he going to do? crash straight into the iceberg?[/quote:847baf60be]
i understand but if they would of hit it dead on it would broke the iceburg.[/quote:847baf60be]

For years and even now as you two have demonstrated, people are saying "What if this happened" "What if that happened". I'm not saying it's wrong to say this so dont call me mean :( but you cannot re-write history and we do not know that if the Titanic hit the iceberg on a head-on collision that it would have broken up.

Again, my opinion, feel free to keep arguing [i:847baf60be]your[/i:847baf60be] opinions.
Posted on: 2003/9/7 5:16
  •  singerangel181
      singerangel181

From columbus ga usa
Group:
Registered Users
i understand that they shouldn't mess with history.but if they turned the titanic it still would of sunk but if they hit it dead on it will still be up
Posted on: 2003/9/7 5:23
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
how can you say that if they hit it dead on it would have broke the iceberg up? if just scraping along the side of it was enough to buckle the plates can you imagine what smashing into it would do? running into it would be like smashing a car into a building.
Posted on: 2003/9/7 14:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.