Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Betty
      Betty
Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Someone was talking about reading in the above book that Murdock took his own life and that Moody saw him shoot himself.

On Page 86 it says: I saw Murdock die by his own hand said Moody, saw the flash from his gun, heard the crack that followed the flash and then saw him plunge over on his face.

Sorry I cannot remember which of you said you read it in this book, but I have the book and found it for whoever it was.
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/2 22:30
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
hmm..
wait -so did Murdoch commit suicide?
I read somewhere that James Cameron was sued by him hometown for making him look bad, and that he didn't really commit suicide. I am SO confused, I didnt think he killed himself..
:?: :?: :wink: :?:
Posted on: 2004/3/7 4:42
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Starry,
I get confused myself all the books seem to contradict each other. But Bess doing the research on passengers and crew, maybe could tell us if the body was recovered and if there actually was a bullet to the head from autopsy? If the body was not recovered, all anyone has to go on is hearsay?
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/7 11:43
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Check out pages 99-105 in Lord's 'Night Lives On' (which I'm sure you have). I think this is the most definitive answer to the question--and it still doesn't answer it definitively. It seems some officer shot someone and then was shot (by himself or by whom)--by which officer? Maybe we'll never know.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 20:46
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:e3e815308b="7th officer"]Check out pages 99-105 in Lord's 'Night Lives On' (which I'm sure you have). I think this is the most definitive answer to the question--and it still doesn't answer it definitively. It seems some officer shot someone and then was shot (by himself or by whom)--by which officer? Maybe we'll never know.[/quote:e3e815308b]

i dont think we will ever know for sure, unless some sort of statement is found. but then its only hearsay. my cousin was talking to someone who thinks it was that Butt man
Posted on: 2004/3/16 21:15
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
7th Officer,
Well at least quite a few passengers agreed that shots were fired but whether Murdock killed himself---I think still a mystery.

I bet there are a lot of letters, etc. still in the hands of family members that they have not brought forward for one reason or another because so many new things seem to surface every now and then.

I wonder what ever became of the ships log?
Posted on: 2004/3/17 0:18
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
My bet is that the log perished - it would have been on the bridge, which was underwater before the ship itself broke up.
Posted on: 2004/3/22 19:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.