Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  hevmckev
      hevmckev
What would you do?

From
Group:
Registered Users
What would you do if you were a third class passenger and you knew the ship was sinking but all the gates were locked and there was no way out????? I think i would pray for forgivness for what i was about to do and then find a way to kill myself quickly.There is no way i could handle drowning.
Posted on: 2007/3/11 21:22
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King
Re: What would you do?????????????

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
Good question. I think I would of grabed anything and try to break the gates down. I know that would be hard, but I think it could work with a little help from other passengers.
Posted on: 2007/3/12 1:14
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
I hope I will never be in a situation like that. It's unimaginable for people in 2007 now to be in such a sitution, I think.

It would be possible to kill yourself, but how would you do that? Only the officiers had guns, right?

Posted on: 2007/3/12 16:11
  •  Deedublin06
      Deedublin06

From
Group:
Registered Users
i think only the officers had guns id do whatever i could 2 get out but if all hope was lost id return to my cabin and just wait to die. Hate thinking about it, but it was reality for third class passengers that night, was it not against human rights to lock those gates? was wanything ever done about it?
Posted on: 2007/3/12 17:20
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
I guess if you could not knock down the gates I guess if you are skinny enough you could just get out a porthole, but that would just bring you into the cold water. HMMMMMM. I guess no matter what you do the only way out is to knock the gates down.
Posted on: 2007/3/12 22:40
  •  redairborne22
      redairborne22

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'd do what quite a few of the 3rd Class passengers did, climb the cranes and at least try and get to the boat deck. I'm not good at milling around, nor would I even consider the thought of "giving up".
Posted on: 2007/3/13 14:43
  •  dames
      dames

From
Group:
Registered Users
Some of the gates were closed, but not all of them. And it certainly was not as if the employees of WSL were evil. They just didn't know any better. So while some of the gates were closed, others were wide open. There was no rhyme nor reason to what happened on one area of the ship as protocol for the other areas. Most of the crew were wrestled up at the last moment and insufficiently trained...Especially to deal with what was the most impossible thing that could happen. A total loss.

But IF I were in that situation, I'd do my best to rally the troops and break free, or simply look for another exit. I agree that thought of drowning scares me to death, but also that there's no way I'd have given up without a fight.
Posted on: 2007/3/13 19:21
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Some crew members acted as if nothing had happened after the Titanic had hit the iceberg. They were running around, and when someone destroyed a door to get out, for example, they shouted at them that they were going to pay for it
That's weird. Imagine you were going to die and they told you to pay for rescuing a child, for example.

Posted on: 2007/3/13 19:29
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
die......
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2007/3/15 1:35

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
Well... I would see the water and look for a dead cop and steal his gun to break the gates. then i would shove a few doors down to make a raft if i could find a hammer and nails i would make a boat with them if i had time. Then paddle over to the people and take on the men.*stupid women* *hits all the women and drowns them with my trusty paddle. then start paddleing my way to drop off men and get as mant as poddible. after that lead everyone to the carpathia which should be easy to spot. then tell my *coughs* heroic story.
Posted on: 2007/3/15 20:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.