Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  anyone willing to answer these titanic questions for a project i'm doing??

Browsing this Thread:   7 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Amelia
      Amelia
anyone willing to answer these titanic questions for a project i'm doing??

From
Group:
Registered Users
i am hoping to be able to interview (thru email) a Titanic expert, possibly even robert ballard himself, but i would also appreciate it if anyone on here who considers themself a Titanic expert could take the time to answer these question for me. this is a school project but first and foremost this is just for my learning experience, so i'd love to see you guy's answers to these questions. thanks:)

Questions:
1. How did you first get interested in the Titanic?

2. When did you decided to make a career out of your interest, and how did you go about that?

3. Did you choose a major in college with the intent of using it to pursue a career involving the Titanic?

4. What educational background would you recommend for someone interested in learning more about the subject, and/or hoping to someday make a career in the historical and writing side of the Titanic?

5. Who do you consider the leading authorities of the Titanic to be?

6. Can you suggest any ways that someone interested in the Titanic could be involved in researching or in some way working for a Titanic expert during college?

7. What books and resources for learning more about the Titanic would you suggest?

8. How do you feel about the salvage rights issues that are in the news lately?

9. What path would you suggest for someone interested in having a career involving the Titanic; not so much the scientific and oceanography aspects of it, but mostly the historical side of it?

10. What are some careers that can incorporate an interest in the Titanic into? For example, a historian, an underwater explorer, ect.
Posted on: 2007/3/12 3:03
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King
Re: anyone willing to answer these titanic questions for a project i'm doing??

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
I hope I can answer some of your question.

1.) I (my opinion) got interested in Titanic by watching the 1997 version of the movie.

2.) Well, even though I love the Titanic my career will be Movie Director. I decided to make this career when I was in the 7th grade. Probably 3 years ago.

3.)-------

4.) They should choose a american history(for americans only I guess), world history and any other type of history class. Also they should take any writing classes availble.

5.)------------

6.)They can work or be a help of a ocean or marine biologist center or group.

7.) I would suggest basically any Titanic book. Resources would be Titanic websites.

8.) If you mean where nobody can go down to see the Titanic. One word: Abserb.

9.)History classes if you go to college.

10.)----------

I hope I could been a little help. Sorry if I misunderstood any of your questions and made a mistake. Good, luck on your project.
Posted on: 2007/3/12 22:56
  •  Esme
      Esme
Re: anyone willing to answer these titanic questions for a project i'm doing??

From Manchester,England
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think I can help much, but I've tried!!!!
Questions:
1. How did you first get interested in the Titanic?

I heard about it in primary school and read everything I could on the matter!!

2. When did you decided to make a career out of your interest, and how did you go about that?

I actually decided NOT to make a career out of it!!!!! It my hobby, and I'd like to leave it at that

3. Did you choose a major in college with the intent of using it to pursue a career involving the Titanic?

I took philosophy as a major at university.However I often used titanic in essays and dissertations etc etc.

4. What educational background would you recommend for someone interested in learning more about the subject, and/or hoping to someday make a career in the historical and writing side of the Titanic?

History, history and more history. English and maths, because you won't get anywhere without those two staples.

5. Who do you consider the leading authorities of the Titanic to be?
-----

6. Can you suggest any ways that someone interested in the Titanic could be involved in researching or in some way working for a Titanic expert during college?
------

7. What books and resources for learning more about the Titanic would you suggest?

Every book you can get your hands on.To get every possible view, side of the story and theory on Titanic.

8. How do you feel about the salvage rights issues that are in the news lately?

I think, ultimately, we have salvaged all we should and she will left there to rust and rot away now.

9. What path would you suggest for someone interested in having a career involving the Titanic; not so much the scientific and oceanography aspects of it, but mostly the historical side of it?

I would suggest majoring in history and keeping up to speed with your knowledge. Its not about remembering facts but looking at the humanitarian side of it all.

10. What are some careers that can incorporate an interest in the Titanic into? For example, a historian, an underwater explorer, ect.
Posted on: 2007/3/13 13:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.