Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  My mum's getting married as a result of the Titanic sinking!

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  natalie tredinnick
      natalie tredinnick
My mum's getting married as a result of the Titanic sinking!

From
Group:
Registered Users
Some people have a story to tell about the Titanic and why there interested in her. Here's my story and I would like to hear your story to.

My name is Natalie and I am 19. I have been interested in the Titanic for about 5 years now.

When I was 16 I came home one day to hear on the radio that there was going to be a special cruise on the QE2 for the 90th anniversary of Titanic.
From the moment I heard it I begged my mum to go, but inable to do this she had to take a bank loan out in her name and I was to pay it back for the next two years. It was getting closer and closer and I was getting excited, it had been arranged my a man in the Falkirk Titanic society.
The big day had arrived and I was boarding the QE2. When I got on board I found out that the whole thing had been cancelled and nobody had bothered to tell me. The person who har arranged it had apparently had a heart attack and let alot of peolpe down by not telling them that it had been cancelled. I was so gutted, I had also comitted myself to a loan at 16 which meant working straight from leaving school! Anyway me and my mum decided to make the most of the holiday as we where already on the ship. During the holiday my mum met an American doing a muder mystery on the ship. They are now getting married this October in New York! The weired thing is that if the Titanic hadn't of sunk, I wouldn't be interested and we would have never gone on the QE2 and she would have never met her husband to be!

What happend to the Titanic will never be forgotten but at least we can say that from tragedy there can still be hope!

Hope you have found this interesting. I would like to here your stories!

Natalie
Posted on: 2004/3/22 11:46
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
awww thats a nice story. i got interested in Titanic because my cousin knows alot about it
Posted on: 2004/3/22 12:00
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
That is a nice story. I got intrested in it when Ballard found it.
Posted on: 2004/3/22 13:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I got interested originally at Girl Scout camp, because we sang a song about her, "It Was Sad When the Great Ship Went Down". Then when Ballard found her, I [i:bab3fca544]really[/i:bab3fca544] got hooked, and have been so ever since.
Posted on: 2004/3/22 13:57
  •  loonyluna
      loonyluna

From
Group:
Registered Users
the weird thing is, i got interested because my friend read a book wrong
wierd :?
Posted on: 2004/4/24 12:28
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi loony, that sounds like an interesting story, care to expand a bit?
Posted on: 2004/4/24 16:01
  •  freitas4
      freitas4

From Temecula, California city of red light runners
Group:
Registered Users
Natalie, that's a great story. Congrats for you, your mom, and her fiance.

I'd always been interested in Titanic, since I'd been in early middle school. I just didn't do any serious researching until middle school. And after James Camerons blockbuster hit, there was a lot more information available, at least in my city.

TTF, I've heard they sing that song in Girl and Boy Scouts. How old were you when Ballard discovered the Titanic? I was only 6.
Posted on: 2004/4/24 16:04
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
i became intrested in 2nd grade when the movie came out and i wasent allowed to see it but my grandma bought me a book and i read it and fell in love with it i now have many books, movies, pictures anything titanic :D

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/15 13:49
  •  this springy cocktail
      this springy cocktail

From
Group:
Registered Users
I became interested in fourth grade when we did a small unit about the Titanic (I'm not sure why; I guess it was around the time the movie came out, so it sparked my teacher's interest :wink: ), and we had to team up and create newspapers reporting the sinking. I got hooked--I think I still have the newspaper somewhere! :D
Posted on: 2004/7/2 19:01

From Delaware, United States
Group:
Registered Users
I got hooked within the first week of 2nd grade... our teacher had told us about a book rack she had and I went back there to wait in line for my turn.. well a student in front of me picked the story covering the " Finding The Titanic" book by Dr. Ballard. I saw the picture of the Titanic on the front with Alvin decending down on it and never wanted to give the book back.
Posted on: 2004/7/2 20:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.