Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  Why did Rose reunite with Jack and NOT with her husband?

Browsing this Thread:   38 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  5 Votes
  •  MJ1
      MJ1
Why did Rose reunite with Jack and NOT with her husband?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Ok guys, the more I think about this the more ridiculous it seems. Why did Rose return to Titanic when she died at the end (or possibly dreaming) and not to her husband??? Don't you guys think that was disrespectful to the memory of her husband? She knew Jack for only a couple of days, on the other hand she was married to her husband for many, many years and even had children with him!!!

How long did Rose and Jack really even know each other? Answer: A couple of days aboard the Titanic! Granted, they went through hell together trying to make it off the ship and certainly bonded. I accept all of that. But come on, I don't see how some teenage fling can top decades of faithful marriage to your spouse. Maybe Rose never really loved her husband?

All I can say is that if I was Rose's husband I would have kicked Jack's ass right before she was about to kiss him on the Grand Staircase.

MJ
Posted on: 2007/3/24 15:53
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Kathi
      Kathi
Re: Why did Rose reunite with Jack and NOT with her husband?

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Because the whole movie was about Rose and Jack. You never saw Rose's husband in the movie, all you know about himn is his family name "Calvert".
I think Cameron made this last scene to show that Rose never stopped loving Jack... She could never love someone like she had loved him.
And the scene makes all the 12-year-old Girls cry in the cinema, lol

Posted on: 2007/3/24 16:09
  •  MJ1
      MJ1

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kathi wrote:
I think Cameron made this last scene to show that Rose never stopped loving Jack... She could never love someone like she had loved him.

Sorry Kathi, I don't buy that. Your telling me some teenage romance that lasted 3 days takes precedence over 40-60 years of faithful marriage to her husband? Gosh, that seems a bit cold hearted, don't you think?
That ending was a slap in the face to her husband. Poor guy must have rolled over in his grave.

Really, how much can you love a person when you only just met them? I would like to think Rose had meaningful relationships after Jack, and that is why she got married and had children. I said it before and I'll say it again, the ending really was a slap in the face to her poor hubby...

MJ
Posted on: 2007/3/24 17:52
  •  Titanic_charlie
      Titanic_charlie

From
Group:
Registered Users
now that i think about it . i would of been really pissed off. its like u only knew this guy for 3 days , then he dies , 15 years later we get married because WE loved one another , have some kids , grandkids , then i die , and for about 10 years im waiting to runite with my bride , i fine out she went to the titanic , so i go to titanic , walk in the grand staircase and see my wife kissing some guy. I mean we find out that rose vary independent , so im possative she loved calvert , and she had around 15 years to get over jack. so its likely she loved calvert. and if her and jack were ment to be then calvert would probley relize it , because to me it looked like they are in heaven now , so God would probly be all like these 2 were ment to be , so calvert would proubly find it in his heart to acceped the truth , but rose could of at least wated for him so he could "give her away" so they could be together! right ?!
Posted on: 2007/3/25 1:41
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
I did NOT say that was possible in the reality. It's just a movie and you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Posted on: 2007/3/25 20:32
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MJ1 wrote:
Ok guys, the more I think about this the more ridiculous it seems. Why did Rose return to Titanic when she died at the end (or possibly dreaming) and not to her husband??? Don't you guys think that was disrespectful to the memory of her husband? She knew Jack for only a couple of days, on the other hand she was married to her husband for many, many years and even had children with him!!!

How long did Rose and Jack really even know each other? Answer: A couple of days aboard the Titanic! Granted, they went through hell together trying to make it off the ship and certainly bonded. I accept all of that. But come on, I don't see how some teenage fling can top decades of faithful marriage to your spouse. Maybe Rose never really loved her husband?

All I can say is that if I was Rose's husband I would have kicked Jack's ass right before she was about to kiss him on the Grand Staircase.

MJ

Good question. Perhaps because Jack and the others from the Titanic who greeted her were only greeting her and her husband awaited her elsewhere.

It seemed from the story that she had truly given her heart to Jack and perhaps her marriage, while good and pleasant, was not where her heart truly was.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/3/27 21:16

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
Teenagers. what ya gonna do? first its love, then its weed and Pot. *sigh* Get the stunguns for me MGY. were gong crazy teen girl hunting. *clicking sound*
Posted on: 2007/3/28 2:07

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
I think that she did love "Calvert", but she loved Jack even more. Like Kathi said, she could never really love any1 like she loved Jack.

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2007/3/31 21:41
  •  Titanic98
      Titanic98

From
Group:
Registered Users
also if you watch the movie it said that cal had put a gut in his mouth!

that was very stupid
Posted on: 2007/4/7 16:26
  •  Titanic_charlie
      Titanic_charlie

From
Group:
Registered Users
cal wasent her husbend , he was her feian`say, but she had everyone think she died , in her later years she married some radom guy with the last name calvert.
Posted on: 2007/4/7 18:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.