Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
April 12 2007

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
yes its getting to that time agian when titanic sank. it will be 95yrs of it being under the atlantic. and *i dunno what date* but this year it will be the 99th aniversery of the TITANIC being built...Just thought i should make a topic for it...
Posted on: 2007/4/4 23:00
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend
Re: April 12 2007

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
yes its getting to that time agian when titanic sank. it will be 95yrs of it being under the atlantic. and *i dunno what date* but this year it will be the 99th aniversery of the TITANIC being built...Just thought i should make a topic for it...

April, 14-15 will be the date of the 95 aniv. April 14th-11:40 pm (when it hit the iceberg) April 15th- 2:20 am (when her stern went under).

What date are you referring to for her 99 aniversary? The first meeting to create her was in the Spring of 1907 (100 years)

Her Keel was laid down in the shipyard on March 31, 1909 (98 years)
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:41
  •  yasmi
      yasmi

From
Group:
Registered Users
greeting's Danny : im douglas from the united states and you don't have to be sick to go to titanic just fallow your hart and one day you will be able to go to the gray lady.i was 8 years old when i found my true love it is called titanic there is not a day that goes by that i do not think of her. you should study hard in school and try to get into robert ballards grupe called the jj program for kids to learn how to be ocean oggraphers you can find more info at woods hole in boston in the us im 24 years of age and have followed my dream of titanic it may seem like never to get your dream but it will happen. i was alone in seattle with the big peace and i studied it all i let it all in i was with the largest peace of titanic 15 tones i seen the i seen and felt the eariea wear the floorbord was and the divistion betwen the two first class cabins were divided and the three port hole windowes were . i wish you the best danny and never stop loving titanic. Douglas at
Posted on: 2007/4/6 3:56
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
A few years ago, I picked up a book called 'The Last Dinner on the Titanic', basically a cook book. It had the recipies for all of the meals on Titanic's menu, from first through third class. It even had a nice guide for a 'Titanic party', complete with musical selections. I may try my hand at one of the dinners this year and see just how rusty my cooking skills are.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/4/6 14:06

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MGY Friend wrote:
Quote:

April, 14-15 will be the date of the 95 aniv. April 14th-11:40 pm (when it hit the iceberg) April 15th- 2:20 am (when her stern went under).

What date are you referring to for her 99 aniversary? The first meeting to create her was in the Spring of 1907 (100 years)

Her Keel was laid down in the shipyard on March 31, 1909 (98 years)

I read it was put into the water in 1908.
Posted on: 2007/4/7 0:16
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I read it was put into the water in 1908.

Unfortunately, we have to be careful about what we read. It is not always correct. Titanic was actually launched (put in the water for the first time) on May 31st, 1911, right at noon. After that, she was towed to the fitting out warf for a while, then was put into drydock a couple of times. During this time, which took almost a year, her engines, interiors, smokestacks, and propellors were put on.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/4/8 1:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.