Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Anything else
  What is your favourite cruise ship (except Titanic)?

Browsing this Thread:   14 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Kathi
      Kathi
What is your favourite cruise ship (except Titanic)?

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
My favourite cruise ship is the 'Ocean Majestic'. It's a fantastic ship. Once I was on a bike tour with my family. We rode our bikes down a canal and then we saw this beautiful ship. It's so big and awesome. The people on deck saw us and lifted their hands - I still remember that very well. After half an hour we had to leave the trail. It was a wonderful experience!
I would love to buy a ticket for the 'Ocean Majestic' and travel around on it.

What about you? Please list and discuss.
Posted on: 2007/4/16 18:19
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan
Re: What is your favourite cruise ship (except Titanic)?

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
The SS United States. It is technically a superliner and not a cruise ship, but she did cruise during her career and soon will again, under the direction of Norwegian Cruselines.

At 990 feet long, she's nearly the length of the original Queen Mary. She weighs 53000 tons, but that is deceptive, as the superstructure was made from aluminum, making the ship lighter but of similar size an capacity to the Queen.

With nearly 100,000 shaft horse power more than the Queen Mary (241,000 shaft horsepower for the Big U) she was the most fleet of the transatlantic line and the last winner of the Blue Ribband. She is recorded as having attained a top speed of 43 knots, and able to make 20 knots in reverse.

She was designed by Francis Gibbs, of USS Missouri fame. His goals and principles for the ship were summed up in his quote, "You can't set her on fire, you can't sink her, and you can't catch her". She had a trouble free career and was only hampered late in her career by union strikes. She was ultimately mothballed due to the rising success of jet travel. Her greatest asset, her speed, made her costly to operate.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/4/17 3:26
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
jesus 43 knots and 20 knots in reverse that is really good lol almost doing titanics service speed in revers my fav cruse ship world have to pe the rms olympic even thow it was an transatlantic ship in the 1911-1936 this shipwas capable of faster speed than the titanic and was said to be unsinkable after the colusion with the hms hawke in 1911 just as titainc was reacjhing completion. i also think the rms mejestic is an excellent ship as she kept the title worlds largest ship for almost 10 years and had the ble ribbon and along with the rms techtonic in the 18 hundres as this ship was able to cruse at 35 knots she was erley for the time in turbine power but now mush ships have jet power
Posted on: 2007/4/21 11:11

From NEW YORK
Group:
Registered Users
olympic was it because it was very lovley and fast and it ddint sink all though i still love titanic more than anyother cruise ship
and titanic just wasent a cruise ship to me it was a masterpiece of joy to me and now its not known as a cruise ship its known as a very very famous ship and it is and i know that you think im stuid but im not and titanic is no joke to me ok
Posted on: 2007/4/21 14:34
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, okay, calm down, we don't think you're stupid.
But isn't it kinda useless to make a poll with only one answer?

Posted on: 2007/4/21 14:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i have to agree with that lol, u world rather put in it yes or no or other as there are loads of cruse ships out they like the famous queen mary and queen mary 2 but u just cant beat the edwardein technoligey as some are still used to do like the rudder style and the most newset system is bow frusters
Posted on: 2007/4/23 12:48
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gal of titanic wrote:
olympic was it because it was very lovley and fast and it ddint sink all though i still love titanic more than anyother cruise ship
and titanic just wasent a cruise ship to me it was a masterpiece of joy to me and now its not known as a cruise ship its known as a very very famous ship and it is and i know that you think im stuid but im not and titanic is no joke to me ok

After the United States, Olympic would be my pick too. A fine ship in every detail.

And for the record, I don't think you're stupid at all:)

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/5/3 13:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.