Poster Thread
  •  Betty
      Betty
Ballard's Speech

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
JB,
Any updates so far on your upcoming trip to see Ballard?

You must be jumping out of your skin with the event only a few days away.
Posted on: 2004/3/28 12:46
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Here are a few tidbits my friend Dea sent me from last nights Ballard Speech:
It was kind of hard to tell if he is going to go back to Titanic or not...he seemed kind of on the fence about it. He explained how the salvage crews have destroyed so much down there from carelessness. He said he placed two plaques on the Titanic, one on the bow and one on the stern. He said the one on the bow is still there, but the salvagers took his stern plaque and placed it inside a toilet on Titanic. He looked sick talking about that...his stern plaque meant the most to him because that's where several people leapt to their deaths.
He said when he was looking for Titanic, it was just a ship--a piece of steel underwater to him. He wasn't ready for the emotions it brought out. He said when he saw the ship, it just hit him in the gut. Someone asked during the question/answer session at the end if he was going to go back and he didn't say yes or no. He DID say that it's possible, to "document the crime scene" (referring to the damage of the salvage crews". He gets VERY emotional when he talks about the Titanic. He also talked about how people always ask if he's found any bodies. He said he was looking out and a face floated by! He jerked back and banged his head and then realized it was the head of a doll. That hit him hard. He talked about the shoes laying down below. He said you can't drop shoes that far down and have them lay side by side with the toes facing out. He said you know that is the spot where a body died.
Posted on: 2004/4/2 18:43

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I actually was really excited to go! But, of course, everytime I get to do something fun wouldn't ya know something happens to prevent it. I didn't get to go because I"m sick....not just like, a few sneezes here and there and maybe a runny nose..I'm talking, REALLY sick...lol....My bf, who was going to go with me, was trying to get me to go anyway, but I didn't wanna take the chance of getting anyone else sick. Plus, I didn't wanna bother anyone with my coughing fits. So, how was it?! I'm so mad I didn't go!!!!!!
Posted on: 2004/4/3 0:14
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
JB,
Geez what a lousy break!!! Do you feel any better?
Yea know what you mean about "coughing fits" embarrasses you when you try to stop but can't.

Hope you feel better
Posted on: 2004/4/3 0:47
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear that JB. I was just like that on Sun. when I HAD to do something for school. I went to help out at the booth and I had the bad cold and could not stop. It was really bad, I just wanted to go home and rest. But I'm getting better, I still cough.
Posted on: 2004/4/3 2:19

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
yea, I"m better...so much better that I get to go to work tonight..yay...lol...and I'm glad you're better Titanic 4 Ever! LOL
Posted on: 2004/4/4 23:27
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I'm better, I was coughing a little because it was so dry where I work today.
Posted on: 2004/4/5 1:29
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Titanic 4 ever,
Probably need a nice hot day, maybe at the Beach and just soak in the sun??<LOL>
That's my remedy for beating a cold
Posted on: 2004/4/5 18:06
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
That sounds really good. Yesterday when I had to work (a full 8 hours too I could not belive it) a lot of people were sick so I don't feel so bad. I think it's from the change in weather and everything.
Posted on: 2004/4/5 18:09

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:17bb45170b="titanic 4 ever"]That sounds really good. Yesterday when I had to work (a full 8 hours too I could not belive it) a lot of people were sick so I don't feel so bad. I think it's from the change in weather and everything.[/quote:17bb45170b]

That could very well be...never thought of it that way...lol
Posted on: 2004/4/5 21:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.