Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
kate Winslets "Titanic feet"
Guest_Anonymous
hey, this is quite random but, Kate Winslet has size 10 feet :shock: i dont know how you guys in america measure feet but in comparison, my feet are size 5. so kates feet are twice the size of mine :shock: :?
apparently, when she was filming Titanic, Leonardo Di Caprio often said her shoes looked like canoes lol
Posted on: 2004/4/2 23:34
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO...I don't really know how we measure feet here either...but mine are a 8 and a half....lol.....I think the most common here is around a 6.
Posted on: 2004/4/3 0:09
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, size 10!! Mine is 7 1/2 and I thought that was the average size but you might be right JB could be a size 6
Posted on: 2004/4/5 18:29

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:0a33852971="Betty"]Wow, size 10!! Mine is 7 1/2 and I thought that was the average size but you might be right JB could be a size 6[/quote:0a33852971]

LOL...I'm just assuming...because I went to buy some shoes for work the other day and I went to the 8 and a half section and there was like, half a wall for it....So I was like " that can't be it for 8 and a half" so I walked to the next aisle and there were like 3 aisles for size 6 alone! I'm tellig ya, that HAS to be average....lol...and it sucks because size 6 had all the cute shoes too! :(
Posted on: 2004/4/5 23:27
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:ce4acaf22e="JByard"][quote:ce4acaf22e="Betty"]Wow, size 10!! Mine is 7 1/2 and I thought that was the average size but you might be right JB could be a size 6[/quote:ce4acaf22e]

LOL...I'm just assuming...because I went to buy some shoes for work the other day and I went to the 8 and a half section and there was like, half a wall for it....So I was like " that can't be it for 8 and a half" so I walked to the next aisle and there were like 3 aisles for size 6 alone! I'm tellig ya, that HAS to be average....lol...and it sucks because size 6 had all the cute shoes too! :([/quote:ce4acaf22e]

I've got a size 8 1/2.. or a 9..depends on the shoe/brand..
You think 6 is the popular size now?? Ever seen the shoes on ebay from the Edwardian era?? Size 5,6,7...TINY feet..just like the tiny waists these people had! Sheesh!!!
Posted on: 2004/4/5 23:49

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I know! How could they do that?! Ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge? Nicole Kidman wears a corset in most of that movie (actually, she broke a rib from it) and you can just see how tiny her waist is compared to other scenes where she's not wearing one....it's like, inhumaine! LOL...
Posted on: 2004/4/6 0:07
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:30cd406232="JByard"]I know! How could they do that?! Ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge? Nicole Kidman wears a corset in most of that movie (actually, she broke a rib from it) and you can just see how tiny her waist is compared to other scenes where she's not wearing one....it's like, inhumaine! LOL...[/quote:30cd406232]

Actually I've heard Corsets aren't as uncomfortable as they look... I actually want one..I've got a corset top but that isn't the same..lol

I LOVE Moulin Rouge...I actually saw the Real Moulin Rouge when I went to Paris last year... It's not very big on the outside, didn't go in as it's like $95 per person, but it includes a free glass of wine..LOL (not! It's more like entry is free but the "free" glass of wine is 95bucks..LOL)

Nicole Kidman has a tiny waist anyways..lol

I read a website..forgot the URL but something about women of the 1900's actually had their ribs removed so they could have teeny tiny waist (I've seen dresses with a waist size as small as 18") and wear the corset.. Really should find the url to that site again..
Posted on: 2004/4/6 0:39
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Wasn't it written somewhere that people a long time ago were small anyway and short? Was it because of their diet and of course the corsets.

I would be one of the women who fainted all the time<LOL>

I had heard that about having their rib removed. Now let me see, if that gave me a size 18 waist, hmmm<LOL>
Posted on: 2004/4/6 1:08
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The only woman I ever heard of who did this was Anna Held, Florence Zigfield's wife - and she was an actress. But then again, there is a grand tradition of that kind of thing - when I started modelling, one of the first things I was required to do by my agency was have the back four teeth removed to give me bigger hollows under my cheekbones.

I've worn a corst many times for costumes - they're fine if you don't mind not breathing.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 23:08
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
Oh my God, having four back teeth removed for hollows under cheekbones and "required" no less!!

I watch E channel sometimes and it tells some of the things celebrities do to stay in shape or look good, wow!! And, also some of the channels where ordinary women get surgery to look younger--ouch

But I cannot say I would not do it myself<LOL>
Posted on: 2004/4/6 23:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.