Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912
Titanic Questions

From
Group:
Registered Users
Shame on me for being so lazy not to look some of these up.. LOL
Some I wouldn't know WHERE to look (I hate some of the search engines on some of the sites.. It'll pull up anything "train" and a million and one train words come up).. Anyone know some of the answers?? :) I've put answers I know but if they're wrong, please do correct.. :)

At 10 o'clock, Fred Fleet and Reginald Lee took over lookout watch from which two other lookouts?

Bad me, I know this, I've read it...too lazy to find it again..lol

---------
From which London train station did most of the first and second class passengers board to travel down to Southampton?

Ugh..what's so messed up is I THINK I went to this train station but I can't recall the name!! Started with a W I THINK.......

--------
What percentage of first class women were saved?

Depends on who's stats you look at...?

--------
What date did the Titanic's survivors eventually arrive in New York?
April 18...???

-------
Which one of these people was NOT a first class passenger?
I know this one... Marion Wright 2nd class passenger..
-------

What second class passenger, when told that Titanic was unsinkable, replied "Well that is flying in the face of God."

Eva Hart's mother, Esther Ada Hart... Correct?? I believe I've heard Eva Hart talk about her mother saying that in documentories..
-------
On what day did Titanic receive its first ice warning?
I honestly Don't know....typed in first iceberg warning on search and everything with first, iceberg and warning in the page comes up..

------
How many miles had Titanic logged approximately from Southampton to where she sank?

miles?? not good with miles... Anyone??
-------
Who was the bass violist in Titanic's orchestra?
John Frederick Preston Clarke

-----
The Carpathia had to steer around three icebergs in order to reach the Titanic's survivors. (true/false)
Probably true...

------
What was the name of Robert Daniels' dog that he brought with him on the ship?
Uh........anyone actually know this???

I know, shame on me for not knowing these things off the top of my head and bad me for not looking them up... Lazyness isn't good..LOL
Thanks for any help!!! :)
Posted on: 2004/4/6 0:14
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hoo boy, I can't get to these now but will try later - I do know you're right about Eva Hart's mother because I can hear her vaice saying it - off [i:41f40d87f2]Titanic: The Complete Story [/i:41f40d87f2] if I'm not mistaken.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 16:44
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I'll try a few right off the top of my head...have to hunt for others--and some I know now that I don't know.

The lookouts relieved were George Symons and Archie Jewel--also Murdoch relieved Lightoller on the bridge.
The ice warnings were passed on.

The Carpathia showed up in NY at about 9 PM on 18 April. She first stopped at White Star's pier to drop off Titanic's lifeboats, then went to her 14th St. pier for docking and first and second class passengers could disembark at just about 9:30 PM.

Titanic received ice warnings even before it left Southampton. Between thursday and saturday more than 20 ships reported ice in the area Titanic was to go. At night most of these ships stopped (standard practice of ships at the time).

The miles were posted at noon each day.
Titanic logged:
386 miles from thursday to friday.
519 miles from friday to saturday.
546 miles from saturday to sunday.
I leave it to others to figure how many miles she made from sunday noon to.... and don't forget the approx. half mile at half speed Capt Smith ordered after the collision to 'feel' the ship for damage (which of course he found was fatal).

So, here are a couple things anyway. Have to hunt for the others....
Posted on: 2004/4/6 17:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.