Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912
Your favorite Titanic collectible?

From
Group:
Registered Users
This topic was on another messageboard, thought it was a good idea..

So whats your fave Titanic collectible?? It can be movie related or historical related or you can have a fave of both...
Posted on: 2004/4/7 1:40
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I have 2 favorites, and they're trivial compared to what some people probably have collected..but...my favorite is a puzz 3D of the Titanic, and a "Heart of the Ocean" necklace jewelry companies started making after the movie...production of these things were stopped, I'm not sure why, but only about 10,000 were made.
Posted on: 2004/4/7 16:45
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
My favorite is a six inch section of the grabline from boat #6 with photographs of it being removed, and also a few flakes of paint from her.
I would love to mount them with a good picture of Titanic in a frame so I can hang it up for all to see. So far they have only sat in a metal box for many years.
I got these things before Titanic was discovered and the intense resurgent interest started (I'd been interested in her since I was a kid).
The lifeboats had been plundered pretty heavily while they were in NY. I only wish I could have gotten one of the name or pennant plates off one!
Posted on: 2004/4/7 18:32
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Right now it's my blueprints, although this may change after the auction....
Posted on: 2004/4/7 20:28
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
One of my very, very favorite pieces is 5 individual rectangular glass pieces of each section of the Titanic from front to back. When put together they are the whole ship. I got it from Bradford Exchange. It is in color and each separate piece has something different on it re: the Grand Staircase and another the band playing.
Posted on: 2004/4/8 1:12
  •  i_love_titanic
      i_love_titanic

From Jupiter
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! All of you have many collectibies, but I have none. There's a "Build Your Titanic" on sale. It has a book and material on how to build a model of the Titanic but it's usually for adult(even the adults have to spend about a week to do it) so I'm just 13 years old.
Posted on: 2004/4/8 11:02
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think mine would be my 4 drinking glasses with the white star line on it or my dress I made.
Posted on: 2004/4/8 13:17
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Mine would have to be my Titanic Dining Room Chair prop (took me 6 years to get this thing!), my replica dresses from the film (Heaven dress, Swim dress, Flying dress, Boarding Suit, Elevator Dress, Breakfast dress), my replica China and my original books and magazines from 1912
Posted on: 2004/4/8 15:52
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
The chair sounds really neat!! How did you manage to get it?
I would love to be rich enough to duplicate some of the passageways and rooms (not to even mention the stairways) in a house. Can you imagine living with that all the time?
Oh well, it's probably good that I am not rich......
Posted on: 2004/4/8 16:00
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:d51f5e3f94="7th officer"]The chair sounds really neat!! How did you manage to get it?
I would love to be rich enough to duplicate some of the passageways and rooms (not to even mention the stairways) in a house. Can you imagine living with that all the time?
Oh well, it's probably good that I am not rich......[/quote:d51f5e3f94]

I bought it off ebay, I knew the guy who sold it, he once had an AWESOME collection, so I know it's an authentic and genuine prop. Took me several years, I'd been wanting one for a LONG time (or atLEAST a prop, but never could afford one or saw a good one I liked..).. now I've got the chair and 3 carpet pieces (which ofcourse are the same design as the originals)

If I ever build a house I want to replicate the grandstaircase (atleast part of it! lol) and maybe a room or hallway.. lol My dad built houses a few years ago so he could help..lol If he'd be willing to I don't know (he thought I was bonkers buying the prop chair...dunno why he cared, it wasn't his money..lol)
Posted on: 2004/4/8 16:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.