Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Adam Went
      Adam Went
Historic section.

From Tasmania, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
i think you should put that in the Titanic Historic section because the idea's section i think is mainly for ideas for the forum.
From Adam Went.
Posted on: 2002/12/28 6:14
  •  titanic2003
      titanic2003

From
Group:
Registered Users
I agree it was dub that they did not put enough life boats on the ship. After the sinking they started to put more than enough life boats on every ship.
Posted on: 2003/2/8 6:19
  •  SniperHawk
      SniperHawk

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
I agree if only they thought about the lives of those poor people why didn'tthey put on enough life boats anyway i'll tell you why
long ago White star lines thought that since the ship had 2 hulls made to steel she would be unsinkable so they thought they didn't need to put barries in the compartment high enough and they thought since it was unsinkable there was no pint putting likfe boats on but they did anyway!

Get my point now after the Titanic disaster they dicided maybe they were wrong so they had a meeting and research toild them steel wasn't as strong as it was so they made up to 4 hulls now and now they make enough lifeboats just in case.

But also the thing about the titanic the qestion you are probably wondering is why they didn't fill up the life boats.The answer is

They where frightend incase that the life boast was too heavy so they left some onboard the titanic.
even if they had done millions of tests on the boats they where still frightend!
Pathetic isnit it?

[color=red:aacaa7c23b][/color:aacaa7c23b] ok now you get my point but you can see more lives could of been saved!

ok

thanks for reading PASS MY MESSAGE ON TO ALL TITANIC FANS!

bye!
Posted on: 2003/3/16 19:05
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
LIFEBOATS

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
You have made a very important point there, and adding on to what you said it was actually lucky that the incident happened if you think about it, if it wasn't for them imagine how unsafe it would be on boats nowadays.

Also, if you feel sorry for the passengers, think of the crew. The musical band for instance, whilst everyone was panicking and boarding the lifeoats, they were just calmly playing their instruments just because it was their job and they were told to; Think of what they were going through, not being aloud to even board a lifeboat :shock:! And the men who kept sholveling coal in the Engine Room, they had no chance of getting out fast enough and alost certainly the first ones to die. But then again going back to the passegers, most of Third Class were locked in and had no way of escaping.

We can only sit here now, mourn and think of how safe we are on todays ships.
Posted on: 2003/8/24 16:22
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: LIFEBOATS
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:9a1b7fa0ba="Digiteen"]You have made a very important point there, and adding on to what you said it was actually lucky that the incident happened if you think about it, if it wasn't for them imagine how unsafe it would be on boats nowadays.

Also, if you feel sorry for the passengers, think of the crew. The musical band for instance, whilst everyone was panicking and boarding the lifeoats, they were just calmly playing their instruments just because it was their job and they were told to; Think of what they were going through, not being aloud to even board a lifeboat :shock:! And the men who kept sholveling coal in the Engine Room, they had no chance of getting out fast enough and alost certainly the first ones to die. But then again going back to the passegers, most of Third Class were locked in and had no way of escaping.

We can only sit here now, mourn and think of how safe we are on todays ships. [/quote:9a1b7fa0ba]
Posted on: 2003/8/29 22:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.