Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Murdoch...
Guest_Anonymous
ive seen loads of that on diffrent white star vessesl as the pain goes all flaked and tatey i have an advertisement bored of the mejestic and the paint on her bow is all tatey. and i agree about murdock he did waht he was trained to do and whiyte star line would not want there luxury liner coming back to harbour with huge dents and scraches it would be bad for publicity
Posted on: 2007/10/16 12:52
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
murdock was only doing what he thought was safe as in the 19 centuary ship captains and officers were to steam as fast throw a ice field as the longer your in side a ice field the more danger you are in the quicker you get out the shorter your vessel is in danger.
1st officer macmaster murdock was only using the ic berg as an apex in which he was trying to reverse the titanic round the iceberg but using a 46,000 ton ocean liner dosent turn on a dime andaswell by reversing the engines the central purpelor cant be reveresed so murdock counciled out the turn with the prop wash from the shaft by full astern to port and reversing the engines. murdock deserves credit like the captain and secound in commmand
Posted on: 2007/11/9 10:24
  •  U_just_might_sink
      U_just_might_sink

From arizona
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that if he had hit face on it would've like avioded a lot. but uhm, the thing is you know it happened so fast, and the lookouts didn't have the proper equipment, so that was a bust =/
Posted on: 2007/11/21 7:33
  •  <3
      <3

From
Group:
Registered Users
he coulda done things differently to avoid the berg or to try to cause the least possible damage.
Posted on: 2007/11/21 14:57
  •  Mac G
      Mac G

From New York
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, after we review things and other alternatives, NOW we see what could or should have been done. He was taught to AVOID the ice, not crash into it head on.

"Yes, I wonder why a ship like that would want to fire a rocket?"

(A Night to Remember, Stone & Gibson)
Posted on: 2007/11/26 2:53
  •  SimpsonsGod551
      SimpsonsGod551

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think he did the best he could he didnt have enough time to do much more
Posted on: 2007/12/27 5:22
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic-as with any disaster people want to place blame on someone. This is what is so facinating about Titanic...we still are trying to discover why the ship went down...could people have done a better job???I don't think so, the human body can only react in a disaster instinctively...doing the best for survival. I think everyone on that ship...that night as it was sinking was doing their very best for all who were suffering. Do you know that they are looking into Titanic as an engineering problem...could it have been built better...it's never ending.
But Murdoch seemed to have been judge and jury for himself, as it is said he committed suicide..I guess whether he did a good enough job or not...really isn't the issue.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 17:46
  •  I~Q
      I~Q
iqbal

From
Group:
Registered Users
hai friend im a new member, my name iqbal from indonesia, can you help me? im last hunt sountrack titanic by james horner but very dfcult to hunt n buy, maybe anyone have a cd song sountrack titanic by james horner, can i askfor that n send for me via email to ( )? im wait n tq befohttp://www.titanic.com/uploads/smil3dbd4d6422f04.gif
http://www.titanic.com/uploads/smil3dbd4d6422f04.gifre
Posted on: 2008/1/19 17:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.