Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  I have a question : Did the captain disappeared?

Browsing this Thread:   4 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Maraiah
      Maraiah
I have a question : Did the captain disappeared?

From Mexico and the beyblade stadium
Group:
Registered Users
Well I saw on the Tv that the captain was desapeared, tha maybe he would made what he did on the movie, well Im not sure could someone answer me?
Posted on: 2002/12/30 5:58
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  *Juliet*
      *Juliet*
hmm

From Las Vegas, Nevada
Group:
Registered Users
there are a lot of different ideas of what happened to the captain. some said they saw him on the lifeboat collapsible b. others said he went down with the ship...drown with it, i guess. and then of course some say he shot himself, or he stayed afloat in the water and died of hypothermia. no one really knows for sure. it's a mystery. but all we do know is that he died that night. may he rest in peace.
*juliet*
Posted on: 2003/1/2 7:04
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic
The captain

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
I like to think that despite all the unconfirmed rumours, that E.J Smith went down on the Titanic with dignity and respect.
He was a man of tradition, and like any "old salt" of his time, he probably felt like he had to go down with his ship. My favorite story of any of those captains last actions, is that survivors recall him helping a few people into the life boats.
Posted on: 2003/1/8 23:30
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I suspect he went down with the ship. He was a man of honour and despite his mistakes he should be remembered with the same respect as Thomas Andrews.
I have also heard a story that he helped a baby into a lifeboat before going off to his death
Posted on: 2003/1/9 1:20
  •  Will
      Will

From
Group:
Registered Users
You said,
[quote:e68a781288="Anonymous"]I suspect he went down with the ship. He was a man of honour and despite his mistakes he should be remembered with the same respect as Thomas Andrews.
I have also heard a story that he helped a baby into a lifeboat before going off to his death[/quote:e68a781288]
and it was reported that he did deliver a baby to one of the lifeboats and then refused to be taken aboard himself. Several of the seamen made statements to this effect during the inquiry.
Whatever happened to him, he had a grand career and it was a shame that the only blotch on it should be something remembered by so many.
I hope the 'old salt' as described earlier did his duty and went down with the ship, and may his passing be remembered as heroic.
Will
Posted on: 2003/9/23 20:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.