Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  <3
      <3
Will Titanic always be remembered?

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think Titanic will be remembered! After all, it's the greatest ship wreck of all time. I mean students should have to learn about it! That's one way to keep the memory alive!

Posted on: 2007/6/22 12:25
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend
Re: Will Titanic always be remembered?

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic always will be remembered, but the question is, "will the real Titanic be remembered?"

Today, Titanic is popular to a new generation of people due to the new movie that has come out about it. This can be a positive atribute and a negative one in my opinion.

Look at this website. We have so many topics about Jack and Rose. Are they apart of the real Titanic? No. But people still spend time talking about them as if they were real passengers on the ship.

I mean, now, when you ask someone on the streets who knows a little about Titanic a question such as what songs are asociated with her, you might hear "Nearer my God to Thee", but I bet you might also hear "My Heart Will Go On".

So to really answer your question, yes, Titanic will be remembered, but I am concerned that younger people will eventually forget that much of James Cameron's movie is fictionous, and not go into more research about the subject beyond the new movie.

There is so much more to learn about the ship from such books written by Walter Lord, Charles Haas, John Eaton and so forth.

Even if you want to keep watching movies about it - Please, I advise you younger people to see "A Night To Remember", SOS Titanic, and soforth. These older movies are wonderful and show historical parts that the new film gloss over or simply do not depict. Compare fact with these movies with fiction, and some areas that could go either way!!! That is what makes the real Titanic so facinating!
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/6/22 17:37
  •  <3
      <3
Re: Will Titanic always be remembered?

From
Group:
Registered Users
You are right when you say that people only really know about the fake Titanic and not the real one! My family gets confused when i try to tell them that Jack, Rose, and so on are not real! My step mom asked me who that lady was that the treasure hunters talked to? i told her she wasn't real and she was more confused than i've ever seen her before!!!
Posted on: 2007/6/23 20:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.