Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  Can you guys wait 'til April 14-15,2012!!

Browsing this Thread:   34 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  <3
      <3
Can you guys wait 'til April 14-15,2012!!

From
Group:
Registered Users
i can't wait until April 14-15,2012 cause that will be the ultimate Titanic celebration!! It will be cause it would be the 100th anniversary for the Titanic collision/sinking!! PLEASE REPLY! i want to get some good conversation going!!

***!please forgive typos or anything else cause it's 2:15a.m!***

SO SWEET DREAMS TITANIC LOVERS!!!!
Posted on: 2007/6/24 7:16
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Kathi
      Kathi
Re: Can you guys wait til April 14-15,2012!!

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
OMG, you act as if the 100th sinking anniversary was something you should celebrate with a party or something... That's weird.
I think there will be some more Titanic documentarys on TV and repeats of the James Cameron movie and art gallerys or something about Titanic.
Yours, Kathi

Posted on: 2007/6/24 11:23
  •  Mrs. Andrews
      Mrs. Andrews

From Denmark
Group:
Registered Users
Do you know about there will be an exhibition out to the place where Titanic sank on April 15 2012?

I don't think it's something to celebrate like that. About 1,500 people died and I don't think we should celebrate someones death. It should rather be a day and night were we all light some candles in memorize of all those souls which were lost.
Posted on: 2007/6/26 13:10
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Mrs. Andrews is right. Every year in this night we should think of this beautiful ocean liner, and of all the people who lost their lives and of the survivors, too. It's a good idea to light candles, I think I'll do that.
I don't know anything about an exhibition, but if there is one, we'll find out, don't worry.

Posted on: 2007/6/26 15:43
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I also agree with Mrs. Andrews and Kathi. Titanic is something to revere and honor, not to have a party over.

If other disasters become as deeply studied over as Titanic, (such as the Halocaust or September 11), we would not be wanting to have a party during those events' centenial mark in history.

I think that we get so caught up in our love for Titanic and her story, that we forget that Titanic and her tragedy is just that: a tragedy.

And therefore, Titanic is different from the other things we love in life that give our lives meaning, such as our families.

Let's love Titanic and give her story rememberance with her 2012 celebration, but let us celebrate the memory of her passengers and crew. Not disrespect her by having an all night "kegger" as we call them.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/6/26 17:12
  •  Titanic_charlie
      Titanic_charlie

From
Group:
Registered Users
i find that really rood. its like celebrating 9/11 in 100 years. i remember seeing it fall down live. it was probably one of the saddest moments in my life. and not to mention scary. my relative had an interview on the day that happened, but thank God he woke up late. he could see the smoke from his house.
Posted on: 2007/6/26 18:32
  •  <3
      <3

From
Group:
Registered Users
yeah like i want to celebrate it! OMG you guys look too far into things!! i can't believe that u would think that! i do feelo bad about the sinking and all the lives that were lost. i would never throw a party! you guys are like really rude and ignorant... sorry the truth hurts sometimes! and what i meant by the ultimate Titanic celebration was that there would prolly be a lot of shows on about it... when u think of how many people just don't care u'd want to really think about it and pray for all the lives lost that fateful night! but seriously though u guys aren't all that pleasant to talk to! ur allllll mean and inconciderate! && rude! i get all these rude posts for saying one thing wrong or if u people don't understand one thing correctly! what jerks! now ur all getting it back! HOW DOES IT FEEL? u have to open ur eyes and realize we're all not perfect! i'll even admit that i'm not perfect either and i know that! the only people who don't get that are all u guys! how do u friggin' live with urselves? honestly!!!!!!
Posted on: 2007/6/30 4:08
  •  Titanic_charlie
      Titanic_charlie

From
Group:
Registered Users
i live fine with myself, thank you for asking. u know maybe its because you said celebration, you should of said something like anniversary, mourning, etc. and you think were bad, long before i joined i would look at the topics and people were swearing there butts off, and being rude as all heck.
Posted on: 2007/6/30 6:12
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Can you tell me when anyone was rude to you? I mean, we only said you shouldn't celebrate a party on the sinking anniversary, didn't we? And as you wrote: "i can't wait until April 14-15,2012 cause that will be the ultimate Titanic celebration!!" we thought that of course. See?!

Posted on: 2007/6/30 12:45
  •  <3
      <3

From
Group:
Registered Users
yeah whatever sorry... oh and people were rude to me when i mistook something. it was about there being a Titanic 2. i thought they meant the movie, but they meant a ship. MGY friend or whatever their name was flipped out at me. sooo if they can flip on me i can flip too! but i was just explaining what i felt cause like ever since i joined this site, people were kinda rude to me. not all, just some. and others are using this site to talk about a guy/girl they like or how to understand girls or what ur bedtime is. i mean i thought u were supposed to talk about Titanic not other stuff that can be talked about on AIM and other stuff! oh yes and i do see now how that could be mistaken as that i would throw a party. but do you think that any human being could be happy about an amazing ship sinking and many lives being lost? why would i be on this website if that's how i felt? i mean the only reason that i can think of is to make fun of ya'll, but i just want to learn more! i already get made fun of about being obsessed with the Titanic and i really don't enjoy it and if i don't like it i couldn't imagine who else could! so i'm seriously sorry!
Posted on: 2007/6/30 20:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.