Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912
Titanic Dinner in Greensburg PA

From
Group:
Registered Users
The Four Points Sheraton (in Greensburg PA) is having a Titanic Dinner on Saturday, April 24th @ 7:00PM.

If you's like to go or need more info, call Stacey at 724-836-6060 xt.

I know some people who went last year and they said it was tons of fun...Although normally they hold this in November, I guess they moved it up due to it being the month of the Titanic's sinking..
Posted on: 2004/4/12 15:20
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Do you know the cost per person?
Posted on: 2004/4/13 1:01
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Uh.... I wanna say it's about $50 per person.... Hang on and I'll look it up from last year... (I didn't go but I know people who did and it was discussed on a group I'm on).. But this is from last year or the year before (had to do some looking up) so your best bet is to call the above number and ask the price but it's probably around the same price..

According to a girl on the group:

You get a discounted room rate if it's with the dinner. [b:4ba7b8ccb2] The dinner is $59 per person and includes tax and gratuity. [/b:4ba7b8ccb2] To stay overnight is $69 per night. Now, I don't know for sure if the discount applies for the second night. I didn't even think to ask, but I think it does. Best thing of course is to call and ask.

The food is a recreation of the first-class dinner served the night the
ship sank. It's an eleven-course meal. For us, we requested a vegetarian
version. They are not able to do the whole meal vegetarian, so we skipped
the courses they couldn't do and they made a wonderful Portobello-mushroom over pasta dish for our main entree.

Here's how the event played out last year. There was a table
outside the banquet room that had our "tickets" to "board". We presented
these to Captain Smith . Then we crossed the passenger loading bridge to board. The room looked like a regular banquet room i.e. there was no attempt to recreate the interior of Titanic. But it was elegant and festive. There were Hors d'Oeuvres and wine to start. Then we were seated for dinner. There was a band playing music of the time, including "Come Josephine in your Flying Machine". You can get up and dance at any time. They also had the movie playing on two different screens, but with the sound down. Which at first seemed a little strange, but it was good because it inspired conversation. Captain Smith would announce each course as it was brought out.

The hotel is about an hour away from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
Posted on: 2004/4/13 11:43
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:70777bde1f="Rosie1912"]Uh.... I wanna say it's about $50 per person.... Hang on and I'll look it up from last year... (I didn't go but I know people who did and it was discussed on a group I'm on).. But this is from last year or the year before (had to do some looking up) so your best bet is to call the above number and ask the price but it's probably around the same price..

According to a girl on the group:

You get a discounted room rate if it's with the dinner. [b:70777bde1f] The dinner is $59 per person and includes tax and gratuity. [/b:70777bde1f] To stay overnight is $69 per night. Now, I don't know for sure if the discount applies for the second night. I didn't even think to ask, but I think it does. Best thing of course is to call and ask.

The food is a recreation of the first-class dinner served the night the
ship sank. It's an eleven-course meal. For us, we requested a vegetarian
version. They are not able to do the whole meal vegetarian, so we skipped
the courses they couldn't do and they made a wonderful Portobello-mushroom over pasta dish for our main entree.

Here's how the event played out last year. There was a table
outside the banquet room that had our "tickets" to "board". We presented
these to Captain Smith . Then we crossed the passenger loading bridge to board. The room looked like a regular banquet room i.e. there was no attempt to recreate the interior of Titanic. But it was elegant and festive. There were Hors d'Oeuvres and wine to start. Then we were seated for dinner. There was a band playing music of the time, including "Come Josephine in your Flying Machine". You can get up and dance at any time. They also had the movie playing on two different screens, but with the sound down. Which at first seemed a little strange, but it was good because it inspired conversation. Captain Smith would announce each course as it was brought out.

The hotel is about an hour away from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.[/quote:70777bde1f]

I remember around the time of the movie a city around me had a Titanic dinner and it was almost $100.00 a plate. With those prices I'm sure everyone can guess, I did not go.
Posted on: 2004/4/13 13:07

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Pittsburgh is only about 2 hours away from me and we actually got to know it pretty well last summer because we were going to move there....hmmm, ,I'm wondering if I should go...even though I have NOTHING to wear! LOL....typical girl comment ...Hhaha
Posted on: 2004/4/13 19:45
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
If you're not going to this, there will be a chat that night.
Posted on: 2004/4/16 1:27

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
April 24th there will be a chat? Good....because I didn't make it to that last one and my mean fiance won't let me go to the dinner...now lets just hope I don't work that night!
Posted on: 2004/4/16 9:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.