Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912
Wow...Um opinions?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Some people can be so cruel.. I'm on another titanic board (believe me, not a place where any of you want to go..) and this was posted. My mouth fell to the floor after reading this... Some people are so cruel and heartless..Why???

I can understand the bashing of the movie (partly) but this person is bashing the movie AND the ship AND the passengers..

Check it out... Any good replies I feel like sending to this person to show he's really stuck his foot in his arse as there are people who do care..

"The amount of money wasted on movies and books about the Titanic could have probably raised the rust heap out of the ocean by now. Who cares about the people who died on the RMS Titanic? Seriously? I bet that 99% of the people who watched the movie and bought the books and the horrible sound track (with the evil bitch Celine Dion on it) and watched all the documentaries, aren't even remotely related to anyone that died on the ship. Why should they care? It happened almost 100 years ago. People get killed every day around the world for the rights people in America take for granted, yet nobody makes a billion dollar movie about them, let alone with a record selling soundtrack. People shouldn't buy into the hype, and they shouldn't care so much about something so trivial, but no; millions stand in line, eager to be jabbed with a $7.00 fee to piss away three hours of their lives to watch some adulterous whore flirt with a loser. Oh, and on a side note, if I ever hear anyone utter the phrase "I'm the king of the world!" in public again, I'm going to lose all self control and bludgeon them into a puddle. You're not the king of the world, you're nothing.

If I died tomorrow, there won't be a movie made about me 70 years later. There won't be a song made about me by some evil bitch trying to be emotional. Am I less important than the people who died on the Titanic? Hell no. I'm much more important, to hell with them. Do you also think you're more important than the people who died on the Titanic? "
Posted on: 2004/4/22 18:54
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  loonyluna
      loonyluna

From
Group:
Registered Users
tell that guy he's some day gonna get a thump in the mouth if he's like that, how heartless can you be
Posted on: 2004/4/22 19:01
  •  loonyluna
      loonyluna

From
Group:
Registered Users
and to stop being such a big head
Posted on: 2004/4/22 19:03

From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Whoever wrote that is probobly one of the most selfish, arrogant people I have ever heard of.
Posted on: 2004/4/22 19:54
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
well Rosie, bess is related to one of the passengers, and she still watches the movie and buys all the hype, because it is a part of her family history, and although she never met her relative, she is still a part of her family and so she cares.

gee that guy is a loser lol. this is my reply to the last part of his drivel.

If you died tomorrow, the whole world would probably throw a party because you are obviously so stuck up yourself, you most probably drive your family nuts and they cant wait for you to disappear so their misery can stop.
and no, there wont be a movie or a song made about you in 70 years time because you are not important, if you want a movie/song made about you, perhaps you should get of your ass and do something to make yourself important. and YES you are less important than those people who died on Titanic, because you are still in this world, moaning about everything. you didnt die because a ship that you were travelling on sank and it didnt have enough life-boats. you didnt die because you were a woman who couldnt bear to leave her husband to die so instead sacrificed your own life to be with him did you? and you werent a man who was not allowed to enter a life boat just because of what was in your pants, or a child who struggled for life, in the freezing water, scared and without a hope in the world of being saved. maybe you should read some of the stories of the passengers and crew, before you decide that you are just as important, because you are not. It took for all these people to die for there to be an international ice patrol, and for there to be a rule that there [u:e3ea6ddaf9][b:e3ea6ddaf9]has[/b:e3ea6ddaf9][/u:e3ea6ddaf9] to be enough life boats for everybody on board. these people are much more important than you, because even though they died a horrible death, some good came out of it.
you will probably live your life, being the arrogant, big egoed bigot that you are, you will think you are more important that anything or anyone else, and when you die, no-one will care or turn up at your funeral because you would have pissed them off so much, it would be a huge relief to finally get rid of you
Posted on: 2004/4/22 20:25
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I would say this guy has some serious problems and cares about nothing, notta, zilch and 0.

You are right, he will never be missed anywhere or by anyone!!
Posted on: 2004/4/22 22:39
  •  freitas4
      freitas4

From Temecula, California city of red light runners
Group:
Registered Users
Well put joeluvesemma. I would tell him exactly what you wrote. He's not important enough for anyone to care when he dies and when he does, the world will be rid of one more a**hole. :twisted:
Posted on: 2004/4/23 16:52

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is very sad that he think that way about those people. If he is so much better than those people, or us for that matter as he stated towards the end, why does he care so much about our interests?
And, as for the movie Titanic, yes, he is correct that it was mostly about an adulterous whore, but that's not the reason we like it. In fact, most of us detest that part of the movie. I think we went to see it just to see the Titanic parts. I persoanlly think making a fake love story up WAS stupid. However, I don't know how much television he watches, but there are TONS of movies out there dealing with other parts of history involving mass death. Remember the Alamo, 9/11: The Days that Shook the World, Spartucus, Braveheart...all of those are actual history involving mass deaths and were made into million dollar movies. There are a ton more...TItanic just happened to catch more peoples attention. Is he complaining that there aren't enough other movies out there? Or that all historical movies in general are stupid because they happened so long ago? And who is he to critisize and judge WHY we even like this particular thing? How can he say most of us aren't even related to anyone in it? Does he know this for a fact? And, even if we aren't, do we not have the right the appreciate Titanic's history and more importantly, the history of those families who lost loved ones that day?
I know MANY families that are desendants of Titanic passengers and crew. ALthough I'm not related to them directly, does that make it unfair of me to find interest in the Titanic? He is ignorant for saying what he did. He had no right to. (well, I mean, he did ...under the 1st amendment, but ..you know what I mean) You won't see us yelling at him for ANY of his beliefs, how is it fair of him to yell at us for ours?

Okay..I've said my peace now...lol
Posted on: 2004/4/23 23:31
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
well said Jenn,

Rosie, has this person replied yet?
sorry if i went of on one but i was feeling particulary emotional that day.
Posted on: 2004/4/24 11:45
  •  loonyluna
      loonyluna

From
Group:
Registered Users
of course they're won't be a movie about him, because he is one person, and he probaly won't die in a way that everyone in the world thought impossiible, like they thought about the titanic sinking.
take the occurance of september the 11th, thousands died in an unnexpected thing, they're most probaly will be a movie and song about that
Posted on: 2004/4/24 12:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.