Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs
What happened to Titanic Members

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering whatever happened to Ismay once he landed in New York and handed court papers. I know that there was a lot of suspision as to why he survived while other builders of the Titanic went down with the ship...and why he was in such a hurry to leave the country again.
Does anyone know what happened in court?
Posted on: 2008/1/18 11:23
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs
Re: What happened to Titanic Members

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
I have successfully answered my own question by searching this site...:o) I was very happy to hear about what happened to Ismay following the Titanic disaster. BUT VERY SADDENED to find that the movie Titanic depicted Ismay as a coward and pompis ass (please I hope not offend anyone) I feel any movie made about Titanic should be as real as possible to honor those who lived and died. I was appalled that The Movie bought into the newspaper ads rather than what happened in court. Should people have done their research they would have found that Ismay helped as many people as possible and didn't climb into a lifeboat until all the women and children he could see were saved. He and another man named Carter were ordered into the boat. Nevermind the fact that the people he and Carter were aiding were all 3rd class passengers. Nobody should have died that night not even Ismay...if he had a chance to live...he took it...and he shouldn't be made to feel guilty for doing so. He also was held accountable for the ships speed in the movie...but if you read the letters to and from the company...he was more interested in passenger comfort rather than speed. I'm not saying Ismay may not have been a selfish business man...I really don't know. But, he wasn't as guilty as every journalist made him out to be.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 14:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: What happened to Titanic Members
Guest_Anonymous
Sadly poor ismay was picked on by the american goverment newspapers in which they called j brute in 1913 the imm forced ismay to resing from chairman of the white star line because they said it was bad for bussiness. The british goverment were alot easyer on ismay they welcomed him home unlike were the americans were quite complex and nasty about him. Aswell the offercers that were onboard the titanic and survived struggled to get places on other white star ships because imm didnt like the fact ben assosated with members of the original titanic crew poor lightoller was one of these in which in world war one recieved a secound mastwers certifiacate white star never let him be a cpatain of his own ship unlike were the royal navy allowed him to be a commadore and captain of his own fleet.

Ismay is a person which 3 days after the hulk of the olympic was toed to scotland died of a heart attack quite sad for the person of the dream for the olympic class ships which only one maganged to keep the scheme of work the olympic.

aswell in 1930 when the white star was facing the bankrupt siteation lord kryser asked for ismays helped in bring the company back but as ismay was getting quite old now he tryed to help but in 1934 the white star merged with cunard with ismays help in which saved the company for a little bit of time in 1960 the last bit of the white star line was permantly gone for good.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 11:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.