Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  Mac G
      Mac G
Re: What would be important to you from Titanic

From New York
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't take anything. I would love to see it in better condition. Yet , I would never disrupt the grave of those poor souls.

"Yes, I wonder why a ship like that would want to fire a rocket?"

(A Night to Remember, Stone & Gibson)
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:16
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I wudnt remove anything it remains a grave yard. But if no body died in the disaster i would remove one the quatermasters wheel and one of the tellegraphs and possible an window as it is an historic items

i dont agree in the salaveging into the titanic its not right and in the memory of the people who died
Posted on: 2008/2/10 17:42
  •  Mac G
      Mac G

From New York
Group:
Registered Users
I believe Doctor Robert Ballard removed nothing when he found the wreck. He placed a plague in memory of this who hadn't survived. However, it was stolen by grave robbers......That blows my mind...No respect.

"Yes, I wonder why a ship like that would want to fire a rocket?"

(A Night to Remember, Stone & Gibson)
Posted on: 2008/2/16 17:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
he left a plaque on the bridge deck but sadly some grave robbys stole it and its proberly in a musem some were but its absoltly appoling that some one stole it. The people who own the titanic salvage rights were titanic inc . not right really she should of been left.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 17:10
  •  Titanic'sSister
      Titanic'sSister

From Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. I'm hoping the plaque just fell off. Stealing something like that would be unbelievably tacky and sick.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 20:23
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
Well since I have asked this question, and have enjoyed reading all the responses...thought I would take the time to thank everyone for their input. It really makes for fun reading.

I do love what was said about "I would not take anything, I would not want to disturb the grave of those poor souls."
I do agree somewhat with that comment...however, I am happy that not everyone shares that same attitude.
I personally feel that the "grave" will always rest at the bottom of the ocean...and that being the ship itself....what is salvaged from the ship, is merely possesions...worthless items that mean nothing without the person that holds them.
These salvaged items DO however do something important...they bring titanic back to reality.
I remember taking my kids to the Titanic museum. We had all seen the movies and read the books...but until we visited the museum... Titanic was merely a picture on a screen or words on paper. We saw actual broken dishes, Mrs. Astors life jacket, the wirless message stating the location of the fatal iceberg etc. and that's when it hit home for myself and the kids. A new sense of appreciation and respect emerged for those who were lost and for those who survived.
I feel these salvaged items help us today to never forget what happened that night in April. It makes it real...and I think if you saw these items and felt what we felt that day...you would be happy that we have them to treasure.

Just my oponion
Thankyou everyone for sharing Shelley
Posted on: 2008/2/17 23:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.