Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  *Juliet*
      *Juliet*
dead or asleep?

From Las Vegas, Nevada
Group:
Registered Users
in the end of the movie...my friends and i argue over whether or not the old rose died warm in her bed or was just dreaming.

i believe she died...because 1) she died warm in her bed 2) completed her life and lived it to the fullest and 3) if you notice when she's meeting jack at the grande staircase in the very end of the movie, all of the people around her had died in the sinking...

what do you think? did she die or was she dreaming?

*juliet*
Posted on: 2003/1/2 7:22
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
In a way I think she might of died.-Because of the reasons you said. But, in way...it would be kind of weird if she just was telling a story of her life on Titanic, and then just died. Don't you think. So in a way yes, but in a way no......
Posted on: 2003/1/6 17:10
  •  *Midnight~Star*
      *Midnight~Star*

From
Group:
Registered Users
I`ve thought about that myself.....in a way it does seem like she died and went to the ghost of the Titanic....just after she finally let go of the heart of the ocean necklace that she`s had all of those years,she finally threw it in the ocean.Then she went to bed and it showed her in the ship young again with all the passengers waiting for her arrival and greeting her....dream or not it would be nice to think that she finally got to be with jack again.
Posted on: 2003/1/8 0:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I believe she died. She had finally told the story which she had never told anyone before, and was able to let go of the necklace she had had for years.
Posted on: 2003/1/9 4:41
  •  White Star
      White Star

From NSW, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I think she died because your right about all the people down there that didn't survive and its like her soul goes down to the wreck to be with the others that died and so she can be with Jack. She must have known that she was going to die soon so she threw the necklace into the water so it could be with her down at Titanic when she did die otherwise she would have kept it for memories. When they show you all the photos of Rose in her life after Titanic its like they're showing you what Jack gave her otherwise none of that would have happened. And now that she has lived a long life she will die an old lady warm in her bed and then she will be with Jack again.
Posted on: 2003/1/9 12:03
  •  Jessie
      Jessie
Dead or Asleep

From USA
Group:
Registered Users
[color=blue:5d1c629226][/color:5d1c629226]

I think that she died at the end. Maybe that is why she went on ahead and threw the necklace into the ocean. Maybe she knew (as I think some people do) that she was going to die and she wanted them to be able to find what they worked so hard to locate. Just a thought.
Posted on: 2003/1/15 21:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I think that's what Cameron was trying to do to make a happy ending. She did die. She told her story after living her long full life, and made it the happiest ending in the world to see Rose and Jack together forever.
Posted on: 2003/1/28 16:43
  •  vgarcia78
      vgarcia78

From Kansas
Group:
Registered Users
[color=#003fff:25f840b8ae][/color:25f840b8ae] I say the same thing. Rose died and old lady warm in her bed, & she lived her life to the fullest, just like Jack said when they were in the water. I don't understand why people can't see that.
Posted on: 2003/1/29 19:41
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
she definatly died. hehe i know the argument though, i have been in it many times with people i know. i love the perfectly seleted pictures by her bed, riding the horse "like a man" on santa monica pier, flying in a "flying machiene" hehe, an actress (in the deleted scences she pretends to be a movie star" and all of her "babies" and her. she is an old woman dead warm in a bed, and her "heaven" is titanic, which is where she met the love of her life :D
Posted on: 2003/2/9 23:12
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[color=#24ff00:01c137bd80][/color:01c137bd80][color=#00f5ff:01c137bd80][/color:01c137bd80][color=#ffff00:01c137bd80][/color:01c137bd80][color=#7600ff:01c137bd80][/color:01c137bd80]i think those are very logical reasons. but i have never thought about it. she could be dreaning because that is what she wanted for her and jack, since non of the first class people excepted him. but it is more logical to think she is dead because there is jack waiting for her in heven with all the people and the bout. so i agreee she is dead. thank you for helping me notice that. my message is the one that says how old you are.
Posted on: 2003/6/24 21:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.