Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  28 Votes
  •  Mrs. Andrews
      Mrs. Andrews
Re: The Titanic Wreak Photo's

From Denmark
Group:
Registered Users
Near the woman shoes Robert Ballard found a comb - giving him a clue that the woman might had long hair and and maybe was vain.
She was also a mother. They found a pair of child shoes very near her. They might think it was her child and that she had hold the child in her arms while they fell down to buttom of the ocean
Posted on: 2008/3/10 13:56
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
There was a special ship charted to collect the body's from the wreak site of were the Titanc sank. I can't remember the name of the ship i think it was the marconi barnette.

I knwo there was few bodys which were barried at sea and in the ship bodys were placed in refrigerators and then taking to newfoundland.

The bodys that sank to the botom was because the air that was left in there body's and once this happan's the same principale of the sinking except they sink to the bottom of the ocean and then the humence presure at the depth's crush the bodys and because there isn's certain preservatives the body decay and either get covered other by tones of silt wich then gets compact and other years to come proberly end up oil again.

I be greatfull if i am wrong someone correct me
Posted on: 2008/3/10 20:35
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
The ship's name was the Mackey-Bennett. It left Halifax shortly after the disaster, being charted by the White Star Line to pick up as many bodies as possible. Only around 300 were found though. A few more were picked up by various other steamers later on.

I think that the bodies that did sink to the bottom were consumed by crabs and other bottom scavengers.

Charles Pelligrino stated that some human remains (bones) may still be near the stern section, preserved in the anoxic chemical patches surround the wreck. (Although I was told by some here that Pelligrino tends to embelish his stories a bit)
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2008/3/10 21:56

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
if you look at the top of the women's shoe, you can see a brownish crumbled rock like formation which could have been remains. *just a guess*

The bodys probally drifted a little away from the wreck while they were still boyant or coming down so if a body is still down there somewhere, its likly to be maybe a few miles or yards from titanic's wreck.
Posted on: 2008/5/26 17:29
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
I can almost promise that there are no human remains left, the stuff by the boot is mopst likely debris. A regualr styrofoam cup would be crushed at those depths, not to mention the sea life and salt water.
Posted on: 2008/6/1 19:59
  •  titaniclives365
      titaniclives365

From Middlesex, NC
Group:
Registered Users
it sounds like you know alot about that stuff. can you give me anymore info about Titanic? if so..plz email me at thanks! :-) :-) karmen
hey everyone! i just wanted to explore and find out more abou the Titanic..i am a HUGE fan of the movie and the message it has to offer. not only does it carry a lot of history, but it tells an amazing love story as well!
Posted on: 2008/6/14 11:59
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Welcome to titanic.com this was were i first started reserching with people instead of been by my self and then created the National Titanic Research Group with a fellow friend elliot a few years down the line
Posted on: 2008/6/24 11:52

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
ok. its likly a body wouldn't be out there. but just a thory, say that a room there is airlocked and no water has entered. and a body died in there. would it still be there?
Posted on: 2008/7/5 15:58
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
If there was a chamber which was completily air tight then the body would possible still intact but this is practicly impossible with the presure which is down the bottom of the ocean becuase of how far down the wreak is. The stern is in the mess which she is in beacause the air tight chambers exploded due to the presure were as the bow sank head dwon
Posted on: 2008/7/10 12:25

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
ok..ok... but besides Titanic. have there been any other ship wrecks discovered that had people or body parts left inside an airtight compartment intack?
Posted on: 2008/7/12 2:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.