Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  This is rude but WHAT THE HECK IS THE CAR SCENE FOR?!!

Browsing this Thread:   9 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  titanic over
      titanic over
This is rude but WHAT THE HECK IS THE CAR SCENE FOR?!!

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I've been busy so I haven't been on fo r a while, and I was wondering why is the car scene there? I know they were hiding for lovejoy. Sex (I presume) happened in the car in a PG-13 movie? Why couldn't they just hide, or just kiss? Sorry for the rudeness of this topic
Posted on: 2004/5/17 3:15
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
They had sex in the car, that was the whole point.
Posted on: 2004/5/17 15:32
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
What is it for though! There is no point of it!
Posted on: 2004/5/17 22:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Sure there is. it's called SEX!
Posted on: 2004/5/17 23:13
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
I know what its called, but, Ok how about this: who hear thinks the scene should be there. I think no.
Posted on: 2004/5/18 22:55
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
If you're saying it adds nothing to the story, you're right!
Posted on: 2004/5/18 23:03
  •  freitas4
      freitas4

From Temecula, California city of red light runners
Group:
Registered Users
TTF is right. It adds nothing to the actual story but it shows the consumation of the relationship. In a lot of love stories/chick flicks, the couple in question has sex at some point. While adding nothing to the actual plot, it's just a way to show how much love they had for another.

PS I'm not saying that the [u:9c2cf7f53b]only[/u:9c2cf7f53b] way to show love is physically but for a romantic movie, that's just how it gets done
Posted on: 2004/5/22 18:10
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Well, up until that point I found the movie marginally possible, despite the fact Freud's books weren't available befor the '20s. But [i:6db0f75875]no way[/i:6db0f75875] would a girl 1) be running around sans chaperone (the parents weren't [i:6db0f75875]stupid[/i:6db0f75875], and 2) lose her virginity to someone she had known on and off for 2 days.
Posted on: 2004/5/23 17:54

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, good point. I thought back then they married more for stability, and not so much for love...so I kinda thought the whole thing about leaving Cal was kinda ....odd.... :)
Posted on: 2004/5/25 12:41
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The entire thing is...odd...actually, how about howlingly implausible? There would be no way Jack could sneak into First Class - to do so whould but [i:7b5c3eb59b]the entire ship[/i:7b5c3eb59b] in danger of being quarantined at WSL expense in New York; Freud's theories weren't even published until the 1920's, and the [i:7b5c3eb59b]idea[/i:7b5c3eb59b] a nicely-brought-up girl of her time would even know what a penis [i:7b5c3eb59b]was[/i:7b5c3eb59b] is rediculous ("Close your eyes and think of England" was a popular mother-daughter peice of advice on daughter's wedding night); a man could still legitimately get an annullment and keep the woman's dowery in several states and the UK if he found her not a virgin on their wedding night - need I go on? What Cameron did was take two people with 1990s attitudes and stuck them in 1912.

I have absolutely no doubt in 20 years or so this movie is going to be considered a howler for the numerous discrepancies. Personally, I watch it with the sound off because the sets are dead-on accurate and the CGI is phenomenal. But the plot line is unrealistic and carries too many glaring temporal errors for me to enjoy it.
Posted on: 2004/5/25 15:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.