Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  rjcarey
      rjcarey
National Geographic Channel returns to the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
Bob Ballard - who discovered the Titanic returns with the National Geographic Channel on urgent mission to investigate endangered wreck.

Live underwater broadcast from RMS Titanic Tuesday 08th June at 02.00

The most famous shipwreck in modern history, the R.M.S. Titanic continues to draw audiences into the mystery of her death almost a century after her fatal collision with an iceberg. Now a destructive combination of natural forces and human intrusions is threatening to force the complete collapse of the wreck into the ocean floor. Almost two decades after discovering the sunken wreck of the Titanic, National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Dr. Robert Ballard is returning to lead a scientific expedition on an urgent quest to determine the factors hastening its ultimate deterioration.

On Tuesday 8 June, 2004 at 02:00, National Geographic Channel will provide audiences with unprecedented access to the ongoing expedition by broadcasting a one-hour special 342200234Return to Titanic.342200235 The broadcast will originate from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) research ship Ronald H. Brown and include a live broadcast from Titanic342200231s watery grave, some 12,000 feet under the Atlantic Ocean.

342200234I342200231m returning to Titanic to see what has happened to the ship in the almost 20 years that have elapsed since I first discovered her,342200235 said Dr. Ballard. 342200234Using high-definition cameras, we will take images of the ship and its surrounding debris field and compare them to the images we made in 1985 and 1986. This will allow our team, and the viewers at home, to contrast the ship342200231s past and present and see the level of change for ourselves.342200235

So remember to tune in. National Geographic Channel is avaliable on:

Sky - Channel 558
NTL - 505/139
Telewest - 230

Also check out the website - www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/titanic
Posted on: 2004/6/3 15:22
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Just a reminder this is tomorrow the 7th.
Posted on: 2004/6/6 15:34
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Will they continue making feeds about this expedition after 7th? seen that they will be staying up to 10 days at the scene.

Thanks
Posted on: 2004/6/6 17:37
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
All of the information I know of can be found here; http://tsunami2.nationalgeographic.com/channel/titanic/index.html - you can also sign up to recieve e-mail updates on the expedition.
Posted on: 2004/6/6 17:43
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Tommorow i think there will be a sudden spike in traffic for the website since guernsey's and ballard is at it.

i just expanded resources to cope with it.

Good site , thanks.
Posted on: 2004/6/6 18:14
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Thank you, i imagine there will.
Posted on: 2004/6/6 18:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.