Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  susiek
      susiek
DISTURBED

From arizona
Group:
Registered Users
I am new to this site and I have been watching all these shows on t.v involving the Titanic, I have been intrested in the Titanic for many years, not as much as some of the people on this forum but somewhat, After all these years of watching these shows it finally hit me tonight while watching one of these shows, enough is enough it has been almost 100 years since she sank I feel it is time to leave her alone, I know there are many people who do not agree with me, but I feel it is time, I feel that all the exploration of the site is gotten to the point where what else can she tell us about that night, we have had plently of time to explore her now I feel it is time to let her rest in peace and leave her alone, If I offend anyone Iam sorry but this is how I feel. :?
Posted on: 2004/6/6 7:32
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I'm not offended, you have a right to your opinion, but may I suggest you might not be seeing all of the possibilities? Beyond the historical value of the relics of the ship, she has also given us scientific discoveries - the fact that the rusticals are bacterial colonies, which leads in two directions, medical and extraterrestrial, for example. Or the discovery that paper in leather bags can survive 90 years.

Part of the reason for scientific research is you [i:abbc23d2ce]never[/i:abbc23d2ce] know what you will find next, and I think [i:abbc23d2ce]Titanic[/i:abbc23d2ce] has not given up all her secrets by a long chalk.
Posted on: 2004/6/6 15:07
  •  susiek
      susiek

From arizona
Group:
Registered Users
I understand completly, maybe I am just sentimental, watching all these shows, and seeing the ship under the lights, it just gets to me, I understand the history I love history, and I know what it takes to learn about history, but again there is the part of me that say's enough, I also have to say I think this is a great site, it is really informational, so keep up the good work.
Posted on: 2004/6/9 9:32
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
One of the thingsthat also happens is that people learn more about the people when they explore the ship, and that's important too.
Posted on: 2004/6/13 19:26
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
I also have been watching tv about the titanic and Dr. Ballard was going back down to visit the titanic 20 years later.and over 8,000 things were salvaged and taken to museum's and most of the damage was caused by salvagers. the plaque he had put there was taken. to rember all the people who died thats there final resting place and people are going down and still taking things. how would you feel if people took things off of one of your loved ones graves? i would feel really sad that people are taking things from their graves. i would do anything for a thing of the titanic a cup a peice of wood. but im not going to disturb the resting place of 1,500 people who died there. P.S. im not trying to offend any one its my opinon and thats just how i feel. hope u guys understand where im comming from

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/14 22:46
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Disturbed,
That is what this forum is for, everyone gets to express their own opinion. Some of us are for salvaging and some not. I am, if the artifacts go to museums so everyone gets a chance to see how those passengers lived, what they wore and in some cases what they had to say, in letters, etc.I do not like to see the artifacts go into individual collections.
The plaque that Ballard put on the ship, I agree, should have been left there. He put it there for a specific reason
Posted on: 2004/6/15 0:34
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
thank u betty i also know that ballard put another plaqe beneth the bow so it dosent get disturbed

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/15 0:39
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
Betty i also know where you are comming from and i do belive that the plaque should of been left

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/15 0:46
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Disturbed,
Yes, I hope the second plaque will be left undisturbed. After all, why would anyone want to take it anyway? Ballard looked very upset on the NG special when he talked about the plaque being taken. I am glad he put another one there.
Posted on: 2004/6/15 0:51
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I wanting to speak to Ballard also about this as i am not a supporter of stuff getting sold around and taken from the wreck site.

What happend at guernseys is also not really healthy as the people (minions) from RMS Titanic will wanting to sell by pushing them to personal collectors and marking them as non-wreck stuff ( i don't know if this had happend but there is a chance)
Posted on: 2004/6/15 0:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.