Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek
Raising the titanic

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
I've herd talk about people wanting to raise the titanic. they should just leave it alone.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/14 16:22
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
Has any one else herd of people trying to rais the titanic?

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/14 16:38

From
Group:
Registered Users
Im new to this and have many questions myself however i think i can answer yours most of the Titanic is rusting away and its falling apart at an alarming rate .Its so far gone to raise its imploding in on its self.
Posted on: 2004/6/24 14:09
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
It will be sad when she finnaly rusts away. But I've been watching tv and some people want to try to raise the titanic so they can help preserve her so people can visit her in a mesuem.and so she dosent disapear

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/28 14:57
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
anyway, nobody want try to raise the titanic because is simply impossible!!!and if they fail...titanic is scrap???why try the impossible and waste a lot of money?? built another titanic!!!!!!!!!! for my opinion, I want see this beautiful ship look like new,not a rusty ship where 1500 peoples died ...
Posted on: 2004/6/29 0:57
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:d2c03b6159="thunderking"]anyway, nobody want try to raise the titanic because is simply impossible!!!and if they fail...titanic is scrap???why try the impossible and waste a lot of money?? built another titanic!!!!!!!!!! for my opinion, I want see this beautiful ship look like new,not a rusty ship where 1500 peoples died ...[/quote:d2c03b6159]

It's not impossible to raise her. With today's technology they probably could, but she's so far into the ocean bottom and so rusted away that if they tried to raise her she'd fall apart before reaching the surface.

As for building a new one, people don't travel by boats now a days. They fly if they want to go from one side of the ocean to the other. And I doubt there's enough interest to build one and have her sail as it'd cost a LOT to build it so they'd loose more and not make enough profit. Not to mention ticket prices would be outragous, even for 3rd class...
Posted on: 2004/6/29 1:26
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
Yes it's not imposible when i was in third grade in 1998 i was reading a news week magizine well the whole class was and they had a picture of a peice of the titanic that they brought up and as they were trying to pull it up it fell back down to the ocean. I would also like to see the ship as it looked in 1912 not in pictures but in real life. They are going to make nother titanic its going to be called Titanic II. i think its going to sail next year im not sure but i do know that they are building another one they have been making it for 3 years.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/7/7 14:13
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:494c59febf="titanicfreek"]Yes it's not imposible when i was in third grade in 1998 i was reading a news week magizine well the whole class was and they had a picture of a peice of the titanic that they brought up and as they were trying to pull it up it fell back down to the ocean. I would also like to see the ship as it looked in 1912 not in pictures but in real life. They are going to make nother titanic its going to be called Titanic II. i think its going to sail next year im not sure but i do know that they are building another one they have been making it for 3 years.[/quote:494c59febf]

No they haven't. There were PLANS to build a new one but they flopped. Plus at the expenses and lack of interest there wouldn't be one, they'd loose more money to try to build one than make any profit. Besides, if one wants to travel, they go by planes now a days, not by boat. Also, if they've been building it for the past 3 years why hasn't there been publicity on it?? On the QM2 there was when she was being built so if they're doing a new Titanic they must be doing it in secret.

The piece you're referring to was brought up by a cable and it snapped if I recall correctly, and they had problems bringing IT up. And that wasn't even a snippet piece compared to the rest of the ship. The stern is so badly damaged I'd hate to see even a submirsible land on it. The bow is falling apart slowly but to raise it would be horribly expensive, where would they put it plus how would they transfer it from the location of the wreck to it's new "home"? Not to mention the risks of trying to raise it and if it failed and fell back down like the big piece did imagine what the bow would look like falling back down. They need to leave the ship itself alone and not try to raise her, there's no point in it. Artifacts, sure but the ship, no that is a grave site, people died in their staterooms so it'd be like raising a grave..
Posted on: 2004/7/7 14:34
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
rosie, for the part of the hole they tried to raise, the first time the cable broke and the part fall on the bottom of the ocean ,but one year later they return and this time they have it!!! but at this time what happen whit this part of the hole???I don,t know, and where is it ???is a mistery...
Posted on: 2004/7/8 0:10
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
No Rosie, they aren't making plans in seceret it was on the t.v. and the show was talking about how they are making a titanic II and they are going to make it the same size and everything but a couple feet longer and wider.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/7/31 18:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.