Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  Titanic Memorabilia for sale where can i sell it any ideas?

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  liberty
      liberty
Titanic Memorabilia for sale where can i sell it any ideas?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Approx. 3022436.000 of Memorabilia, would prefer to sell the lot. offers from 3022433,000+
My collection includes books,videos,posters,limited edition pictures with stamps,medal, captain smith bear with model of titanic in his hands models, and limited edition bears etc. it's a collection worth buying it's made me happy but now it's time for it to go to a much better home. The collection has loads of limited edition items please if anybody know's anyone who wants to buy it or you want to buy it please let me know.

Thanks
Posted on: 2004/6/20 15:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, none of this is meant harsh although people sometimes tend to read into my posts being sent across as rude although I don't mean it that way.

I can tell you straight off you won't get that much for it. Things decrease in value BIG time after buying, so even though you might have spent 6,000 on the items and are willing to start it off at 3,000 people won't pay that much due to 1. Lack of interest in Titanic now a days and 2. The value decreases..

Especailly on books. I try not to buy books from the bookstore anymore on Titanic due to I can find them online for anywhere from $1.00-$5.00 when the book originally was about $10-$30.

Collections sold in lots don't do all that great, I've seen many trying to sell and it's really hard to sell it as a lot.

And the fact with lots is a lot of people probably have for example a certain thing (ie Captain smith bear, poster of titanic sailing, book 1, book 5, book 7) but need book 9, poster of titanic at dock or whatever therefor not needing 2 of the same thing, see??

One more thing, if someone you didn't know just joined a board and announced they had 6,000 worth of Titanic things but will sell it at 3,000 but can't provide pictures, don't you think people would be a bit "iffy"??? You might wanna try to get pictures, I know in another thread you said you had some but they're somewhere else but if you can get them then it seriously might help you be able to sell some things. People like photos so they can see what's being sold and what they're about to buy.

Do you have a specific list of the "rare/limited edition" things you've got?
To help, you might wanna list EVERYTHING you've got (I know, a lot of hard work but it can be done..) and prices if you're willing to sell things individually..
Posted on: 2004/7/9 20:33
  •  liberty
      liberty

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:8247007100="Rosie"]Ok, none of this is meant harsh although people sometimes tend to read into my posts being sent across as rude although I don't mean it that way.

I can tell you straight off you won't get that much for it. Things decrease in value BIG time after buying, so even though you might have spent 6,000 on the items and are willing to start it off at 3,000 people won't pay that much due to 1. Lack of interest in Titanic now a days and 2. The value decreases..

Especailly on books. I try not to buy books from the bookstore anymore on Titanic due to I can find them online for anywhere from $1.00-$5.00 when the book originally was about $10-$30.

Collections sold in lots don't do all that great, I've seen many trying to sell and it's really hard to sell it as a lot.

And the fact with lots is a lot of people probably have for example a certain thing (ie Captain smith bear, poster of titanic sailing, book 1, book 5, book 7) but need book 9, poster of titanic at dock or whatever therefor not needing 2 of the same thing, see??

One more thing, if someone you didn't know just joined a board and announced they had 6,000 worth of Titanic things but will sell it at 3,000 but can't provide pictures, don't you think people would be a bit "iffy"??? You might wanna try to get pictures, I know in another thread you said you had some but they're somewhere else but if you can get them then it seriously might help you be able to sell some things. People like photos so they can see what's being sold and what they're about to buy.

To help, you might wanna list EVERYTHING you've got (I know, a lot of hard work but it can be done..) and prices if you're willing to sell things individually..[/quote:8247007100]

yes i am gona try n put photos on here wen i get my albums and i think it will be best so sell my things individually and i am willing to do that. but if i dnt get any luck il have to try on ebay. i think your wrong about the value decreasing because things that are rear or limited edition the price wont decrease. The ship sunk in 1912 not the year 2003. so prices will increase on certain things.But thank you for your opinion was a pleasure to hear your side of things
thank you.
Posted on: 2004/7/10 15:52
  •  liberty
      liberty

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:e4974ac497="Rosie"]Ok, none of this is meant harsh although people sometimes tend to read into my posts being sent across as rude although I don't mean it that way.

To help, you might wanna list EVERYTHING you've got (I know, a lot of hard work but it can be done..) and prices if you're willing to sell things individually..[/quote:e4974ac497]

yes i am gona try n put photos on here wen i get my albums and i think it will be best so sell my things individually and i am willing to do that. but if i dnt get any luck il have to try on ebay. i think your wrong about the value decreasing because things that are rear or limited edition the price wont decrease. The ship sunk in 1912 not the year 2003. so prices will increase on certain things.But thank you for your opinion was a pleasure to hear your side of things
thank you.
Posted on: 2004/7/10 15:53
  •  liberty
      liberty

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:71c8317ff6="Rosie"]Ok, none of this is meant harsh although people sometimes tend to read into my posts being sent across as rude although I don't mean it that way.

To help, you might wanna list EVERYTHING you've got (I know, a lot of hard work but it can be done..) and prices if you're willing to sell things individually..[/quote:71c8317ff6]

thank you.
Posted on: 2004/7/10 15:53
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
MOST things DO decrease and I am fully aware when the ship sank. Unless you have rare things such as books from 1912 that are in excellent condition or things of that sort then limited numbers of the Captain Smith bear won't get you THAT mcuh money as they're not THAT rare. Especially with there being ebay.

Many people put limited edition numbers just to make it sound rarer than it actually is. Do you have any idea how often I see "rare" or "limited edition" things on ebay that really aren't all that rare or are a "limited edition" but not so much "limited" as they'll ever be worth much more than you originally paid for them??

People here might be interested if you do a full specific list of what you have instead of "posters, books, limited edition things" place like "Poster of titanic sailing- blue background" "book: Titanic by Leo Mariott" or something of that sort..

I'm fully aware when the ship sank, however I've got enough memoribilia and have see enough memoribilia sold to know the value of things and if they decrease or not. And from what I've seen over the years of collecting, MAJORITY of things DO decrease.
Posted on: 2004/7/10 19:00
  •  liberty
      liberty

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:6b47bc98b8="Rosie"]MOST things DO decrease and I am fully aware when the ship sank. Unless you have rare things such as books from 1912 that are in excellent condition or things of that sort then limited numbers of the Captain Smith bear won't get you THAT mcuh money as they're not THAT rare. Especially with there being ebay.

Many people put limited edition numbers just to make it sound rarer than it actually is. Do you have any idea how often I see "rare" or "limited edition" things on ebay that really aren't all that rare or are a "limited edition" but not so much "limited" as they'll ever be worth much more than you originally paid for them??

People here might be interested if you do a full specific list of what you have instead of "posters, books, limited edition things" place like "Poster of titanic sailing- blue background" "book: Titanic by Leo Mariott" or something of that sort..

I'm fully aware when the ship sank, however I've got enough memoribilia and have see enough memoribilia sold to know the value of things and if they decrease or not. And from what I've seen over the years of collecting, MAJORITY of things DO decrease.[/quote:6b47bc98b8]

The reason there is not a specific list is because there are too many items to list, plus it is better to see pictures, if there was any genuine interest and contact was made with a possible buyer then obviously I would spend a bit more time listing things with photographs, as an example one of the limited edition items a captain smith bear, which I know for a fact will NOT decrease in price whatsoever, also items that were LAST off the production line There really is a diversity of items which have to be seen to be appreciated.
Posted on: 2004/7/11 22:05

From
Group:
Registered Users
Things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them. Rosie is only trying to help you. Shes not saying you wont get the price that your looking for just that your unlikely to. Keep trying and good luck.
Posted on: 2004/7/14 10:29
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your understanding colliewobbles. Atleast someone does. I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, I'm just stating I know what lots go (pretty much nothing) for and how things decrease in value...I've seen too many things and have bought too many things to know.

As collie said "Things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them. " And it also depends on how badly someone wants something..

I guarentee you if you try to charge someone $15 for a shirt you consider "rare" that they can get else where (ie: ebay) for $5...or the "limited edition beanies" and you try to sell them for $50 because again you think because they're "limited edition" they're rarer yet on ebay they're avalbile for about $5-$10 where do you think someone is going to go and purchase??

As I've stated before, perhaps if you had a detailed list of things you've got then people might spark interest. It might take time but it doesn't take THAT long (I know, I've got a detailed list of my collection) and if you're really wanting to sell it then it might just be worth your time and effort to do one up.
Posted on: 2004/7/14 23:05
  •  ImaTitanicluvr
      ImaTitanicluvr

From
Group:
Registered Users
ebay.

-Tracy Byrd, song title is Keeper of the Stars
Picture of Tracy v
Posted on: 2004/7/31 1:51