Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
Can you tell me if

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello im new to this so if im in the wrong place please forgive me.My question is from what ive seen when the titanic hit the ice burg bits fell into the decks and first class passengers kicked it about as if they were playing football. If this is correct then why didnt the passengers just get out and wait on the ice burg until help came?,
Posted on: 2004/6/23 16:17
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever
Re: Can you tell me if

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f0361304da="colliewobbles"]Hello im new to this so if im in the wrong place please forgive me.My question is from what ive seen when the titanic hit the ice burg bits fell into the decks and first class passengers kicked it about as if they were playing football. If this is correct then why didnt the passengers just get out and wait on the ice burg until help came?,[/quote:f0361304da]

It was in the midle of the ocean and the water was freezing the ice was below freezing I would'nt want to hang onto the iceburg.
Posted on: 2004/6/23 17:14

From
Group:
Registered Users
I know it was in the middle of the Atlantic and that it was freezing but they could of got materesses and blankets from the boat to keep them warm and they would of been dry. Not all the ice burg was under water and it may not of held everyone but they could of drop off a hundred or so people until help arrived. It would of been no colder than being in a life raft.I think that perhaps the ship must have sailed on for some miles after striking the ice before she knew that she was going to sink.
Posted on: 2004/6/24 14:01
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:17f60c8226="colliewobbles"]I know it was in the middle of the Atlantic and that it was freezing but they could of got materesses and blankets from the boat to keep them warm and they would of been dry. Not all the ice burg was under water and it may not of held everyone but they could of drop off a hundred or so people until help arrived. It would of been no colder than being in a life raft.I think that perhaps the ship must have sailed on for some miles after striking the ice before she knew that she was going to sink.[/quote:17f60c8226]

It would have been too hard to take a materess off of a bed and drag it over the ship onto the burg.
Posted on: 2004/6/24 14:20
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
the boat couldn't of traveled a couple miles mabey a couple feet after they hit it and the were past the iceburgh but then the ship stopped for good. it would be hard to move mattresses and for them to get on the ice burgh.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/24 23:57
  •  this springy cocktail
      this springy cocktail

From
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, as soon as the ship hit the burg, the ship was ordered to stop, but a ship that big takes a while to do so, and before it had, the ship started again at half speed for just a little while. The combination of the restarting and momentum after stopping carried it about another mile and a half. And, being pitch black in the middle of the night, no one in the boats could see very well, so they couldn't even see where the iceburg was; even if they could've, they wouldn't have wanted to drop people off and then return to the ship for more people, because although Captain Smith had ordered boats to return, all of them left the side because they were afraid the suction when the ship sank would capsize the boats. They all wanted to get as far away as possible.
Hope I helped! :D
Posted on: 2004/6/28 18:49

From
Group:
Registered Users
I like your answers they make good sence. If i can think of anymore questions then ill be sure to contact you. Thank again for taking the time to help.
Posted on: 2004/6/30 14:36
  •  this springy cocktail
      this springy cocktail

From
Group:
Registered Users
No problem! :D
Posted on: 2004/7/1 21:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.