Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
Do you know if?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if and when they will bring the titanic exhibition to Belfast?
Posted on: 2004/7/28 13:37
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Collie
I know there's an exhibit currently in Manchester, another one in Edinburgh, another one in also in Scotland. But ofcourse none of those are in Ireland.

There WAS one in Belfast 19th - 26th April 2003, I also think that was a type of convention too...

Might I suggest you try and contact the Belfast Titanic Society (Formally known as "The Ulster Titanic Society") and see if they have a list of upcoming exhibits.

http://www.belfast-titanic.com/

On their site they have a list of dates where they have get togethers or something, I'm not quite sure..

Also if you want a true exhibit like the one in Manchester, you can contact RMS Titanic Inc and if there's a museum near you that would be able to hold such an exhibit you can contact RMS Titanic Inc and they'll look into it.. You could call around to the local museums near you and see if they can accomodate for 3-6 months, have 5,000 to 20,000 square feet (flexible) of room, and have Climate control, electrical supply, gallery supervision, high security, internet connection, water supply/drainage (Special requirements for the exhibit).

The guy who is in charge of this his email was on there or is somewhere else on the site, due to privacy reasons, if you want it I'll send it to you via PM.

Here's the Exhibit site for the full details:
http://www.rmstitanic.net/index.php4?page=428
Posted on: 2004/8/1 0:49

From
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie many thanks for those details ill look at them later in the week when ive a wee bit more time. If you want i will take photos of the site where the Titanic was built and send them to you. Ill have to find out how to do this as im new to computers and im not quite sure.
Posted on: 2004/8/2 10:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.