Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  Do u think people should take things from the titanic site?

Browsing this Thread:   9 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  ImaTitanicluvr
      ImaTitanicluvr

From
Group:
Registered Users
Good point. I'll change my mind. Authorized people should be able to take things from it. If only they had a museum based on Titanic where I live.

-Tracy Byrd, song title is Keeper of the Stars
Picture of Tracy v
Posted on: 2004/8/9 17:21
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
Tianic

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
I totally agree with you, Rosie. well sead :D
Posted on: 2004/8/21 23:09
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i dont know what you mean by "other countries" but the usa has also taken stuff from the titanic. plus i think that the ship alone is a grave. since they can't take her out, they can bring stuff from her. i dont see how a plate or a chandelier. they didnt belong to anyone, except the white star line.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/22 2:20
  •  tr_reb
      tr_reb
Re:

From Three Rivers, MI
Group:
Registered Users
The personal things should be left where they are. As for what they used, enjoyed, and things that are not used now...the folks on the Titanic were no different than anyone else and there are many things out there already that describe that time period.

I agree that the bottles,cups,plates and things like that should be brought up and be in a museum for all to see and remember those that went down with her that night.
Posted on: 2004/10/7 4:25
  •  Katherine
      Katherine
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
I understand how you guys feel about bringing up stuff, the stuff that didn't belong to any particular person. But I don't think any of it should be touched. I know when one of the salvage expeditions brought up a soup tureen from the debris field, it came up with a clump of mud stuck to the bottom. They found bits of cloth and bones stuck in the mud. Some of the bones were quail and lamb, but others weren't. They didn't analyze them, they didn't want to know if they were human. But they might've been. That kind of thing's why I don't think any of the objects should be brought up.
Posted on: 2004/11/10 3:32
Re:

From The bottom of the foreward grand stare case "CLOAKED"
Group:
Registered Users
Nope Thats grave robbing and i would have a hero of mine really pissed off and that is ROBERT D. BALLARD. but i would take only a small vial of the water and that is it. nothing eltes! no artifacts no coal nothing.
And if B******'s want to put ballards plaq in the toilet like that, then let E'M come to me because I will give E,M a huge nuckle sandwich or 1000000000000000000 and rip our their throat with my teeth.
It would definitely be splendid if I were to receive a fully functioning replica of the R.M.S. Titanic. If that were so.. I would be living on her and call her, "Home Sweet Home." :hammer: [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/mauiman/TMRAFS.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2004/11/11 17:39
  •  mookymonster
      mookymonster
Re: Do u think people should take things from the titanic site?

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think it okay to bring up artifacts from the ship as long as they are ARTIFACTS FROM THE SHIP.......bringing up clothing and personal belongings is wrong how would you like it if someone went to the cemetery and dug up a loved ones grave for a goldwatch..you wouldnt!!!!!!but bringing up parts of the ship can make our children and there children learn about a ship that will be gone soon..thanks for letting me vent....mooky
Posted on: 2004/11/12 6:00

From Nairobi, Kenya
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I think they should, how do you learn about s'th if there is no proof"artifacts" of i'ts existance.

:hammer: :pint:
Posted on: 2004/11/12 7:38

From
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
The items comming back from these exploration should be in the hand of state museums and not private companies
Posted on: 2004/11/12 17:20

From Bucharest
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys! Here`s what i feel [and I said FEEL] - by getting out personal objects of the lost people there it is like finally bringing all of them out of there. When they sank maybe they wished at least their personal things will ever see the daylight again; for me it felts like resquing them, the people themselves....
You talk about this like there, on the bottom of the ocean can go every man on the earth, like diving there down it is so easy to do...You cannot compare this with robbing a graveyard...The Titanic is not a tomb, it`s just a place where they are trapped for a while, until will come the day when they`ll bring out the whole ship...I`m just sure the people who died there they want to be brought back to the world, whatever remained of their lives...
I don`t agree with those who desperatly want pieces of personal things on the Titanic just to be proud of themselves because they own a veritable "artifact". Those kind of people will never be pleased just with photos or copys of the original things. However - maybe it`s my obsession - everything should be take out in their memory! Those people didn`t deserve to die then as they don`t deserve to remain burried with all the treasure of their lives on the bottom of the oean.... Their things, even it`s a handkerchief or a button from a clothe - they became real treasures in the very next moment of their sink. It`s all that we, the world still have from them...And here THE WORLD does not mean every ordinary people in the street...
[Sorry for my english]
Posted on: 2004/11/12 21:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.