Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
There was a mention of the Rubyait on here not too long ago. I too didn't know that it was real and on the Titanic, but someone confirmed that it was.

The pursers office was on C deck I believe (or was it D) so imagine how hard it would be to get down there without ruining the ship and risking any lives. And who knows if the pursers safe is still full?? He might have emptied it when the ship was sinking, many passengers demanding their jewelry and prized possesions back...who knows?? We know they've found a pursers bag and safe in the debris feild and it had jewelry in it..

Did you know that back in 1912 there was consideration of trying to Raise the Titanic?? But back then they knew about where she was but the technology there wasn't any to dive that deep.. Read that in a book, found it rather interesting.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 14:51
Create PDF from Post Print

From
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what the last meal was on board. I guess it was different for each of the different classes.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:03
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
If you have Last Dinner on the Titanic then it states it... it's a LOT to type up so I won't do it right now..I've got a replica of the dinner menu and it states as well what was served but it's not at my house at the moment..
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:09

From
Group:
Registered Users
Do it another time then but dont forget id like to see if third class eat the same as what the less off Irish people would have ate and if its still populor nowadays.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:14

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I have that book too, but as Rosie said, it's a huge amount to type....lol

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/6 17:17

From
Group:
Registered Users
Thought you said you like helping people nosie Rosie ? (Joke) Whats the book called and ill see if i can get a copy from the library.
Posted on: 2004/8/7 10:56

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I do like helping people!!! And I betcha I could type it all out on a normal weeke day, but the thing is, it's not a weekday...and weekends I'm like REALLY busy....and starting Monday I start a new job working from 6:30 am to 5pm....so now my days will be busy too!! :( The copy of the book I have is called, "Last Dinner on the R.M.S. Titanic"

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/7 15:23
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:67b929d97e="colliewobbles"]Thought you said you like helping people nosie Rosie ? (Joke) Whats the book called and ill see if i can get a copy from the library.[/quote:67b929d97e]

Actually it was I that said I like helping people... But if you saw the book you'd realize it is indeed a LOT to type up.... It's called "The Last Dinner on the titanic"
Posted on: 2004/8/7 15:44
  •  this springy cocktail
      this springy cocktail

From
Group:
Registered Users
My burning question that I would definitely have answered would have to be "What really went on on the Californian that night, what did Captain Lord actually think, and how far away was the Californian from the Titanic?" I know, I know, it's multi-part, but they're all related to same thing. :wink:
Posted on: 2004/8/8 20:48

From
Group:
Registered Users
thanks girls you are both very helpful. Ive ordered the book from the library ill let yous know what i think when ive finished.
Posted on: 2004/8/9 10:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.