Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  What got first you interested in titanic?

Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
What got first you interested in titanic?

From
Group:
Registered Users
For me it was my da telling storys that he had heard and read about as a child. Before titanic was found it was widely thought that she was in one piece and if they could find her they could refloat her using pink pong balls. And then when i saw the film raise the titanic i was dissapointed that they didnt take us the veiwer down on a tour of the ship with got me dreaming of what would i find ect.
Posted on: 2004/8/14 13:23
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
What got me interested was hearing about it in history classes...and then seeing movies about it on TV....and finally, seeing the James Cameron flick kinda reaffirmed that I was really into it.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/14 13:37
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i cant say that the james cameron's movie got me into it. i didnt watch it until after it came out on DVD and VHS. i remember my mom saying that she and dad were going to go see it and when i asked her what it was about she said "about a ship that sunk". after she came home "she said, it was a little bit dissapointing, because all i saw was people falling from the ship on my head" (she was sitting on the third row.) thats what got me into it. i like stuff that my mom doesnt and after she said that i went and rented the movie. then i started finding things about titanic and ive been a fan ever since. now im more into it than ever.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/14 18:36

From
Group:
Registered Users
Nosie Rosie wish we had done it in history class. instead we got to learn all about the world wars. Which was good but to many dates.
Rose people just fell on their heads as you put it towards the end of the film.Was this the only reason your mum didnt like it.Maybe shes just not into love storys and wanted to see something more factual ?
Posted on: 2004/8/16 10:18
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:a5a02e8666="colliewobbles"]Nosie Rosie wish we had done it in history class. instead we got to learn all about the world wars. Which was good but to many dates.
Rose people just fell on their heads as you put it towards the end of the film.Was this the only reason your mum didnt like it.Maybe shes just not into love storys and wanted to see something more factual ?[/quote:a5a02e8666]

no she thinks the whole story of the titanic is just stupid.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/16 12:07

From
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder why she went to see it in the first place did she already know of the titanic before hand ? If so and she still went then i can only guess that like me want to see what the ship looked like.
Weres your wee mate appleJack today? Its good that hes starting to get into titanic there great people on this site to answer
Posted on: 2004/8/16 15:13

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Our history classes were divided up into sections. Freshman year it was world studies, then sophmore it was current issues (for that one we didn't even have a book....just kept up on the current issues...) then junior year it was um.....I forget....lol...then senior year it was government....the US government that is....lol....Titanic was learned in grade school....8th grade I believe.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/16 22:40
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:feaa56ef89="colliewobbles"]Wonder why she went to see it in the first place did she already know of the titanic before hand ? If so and she still went then i can only guess that like me want to see what the ship looked like.
Weres your wee mate appleJack today? Its good that hes starting to get into titanic there great people on this site to answer[/quote:feaa56ef89]

my mom went because one of her friends wanted to go with her. i dont really know her views on the titanic before the accident but now they're not good.
my friend is not happy. he started school. yes, its good that hes getting into the whole titanic thing but its not going to be for long. hes got other interests. (i hope you dont take it as im saying something bad about him.)
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/17 0:23
  •  Chasethecat
      Chasethecat

From
Group:
Registered Users
:D [b:c319a20b84]strange for me to say but in all honesty, the movie. Except, from the movie, they way i felt the first time i saw it, that involses almost every single emotion known. therefor i fell in love with the Titanic and the beauty she still has. Titanic may be completely gone in 7 yrs, i read in the paper brfore the Ghost of the Abyss came out. And there will always be life on that liner! :) [/b:c319a20b84]
Posted on: 2004/8/20 10:12
  •  Titanicmaniac14
      Titanicmaniac14

From
Group:
Registered Users
It was really the james cameron film that got me into it. i had read about it in book and i got interested but the film anchored it for me. i now have played some games related to it and have read a load of books.
Posted on: 2004/8/28 22:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.