Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
deleted scenes
Guest_Anonymous
ah i really wish james cameron would rerelease titanic on dvd with some extras on like a 2 disk set. the deleted scenes sound very important to character developement, and who doesn't want more titanic? it is such an important history story, even though the movie is mostly romance, there are really important events on teh 2nd half. anyone agree about rereleasing it (hehe)????>???>???>???>???
Posted on: 2003/2/9 23:18
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic
DVD re-release

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I agree, I'd like to see a better DVD release of the movie.
Deleted scenes would be the greatest.
As far as I know there is only one edition pf the movie and that's the one that's mastered in THX- to allow for the very best sound and picture quality, it's not the very best that this mastering process has to offer. Although the sound was rated as top notch(especially the DTS soundtrack version) the picture could use a little more attention.
Posted on: 2003/2/11 19:45
  •  lulu642
      lulu642
What worries me!

From gramercy park.new york
Group:
Registered Users
What worries me is, the Titanic Ship is sitting in the coastline of the Country of Togo, Africa. Someday the "Dunes" movie will take a good look and flim that Ship too and the Jacks and Roses will lose alot of entertainment business.. That would worry the owners of the White Star Linen too ; perhaps we should take another close look at all the possibilies of having "Rose" look for the Ship on our next movie part II , because we can add she then becomes interested in old savage sea treasures. Then and only then ; we can all rejoice that in fact we did find the lost Ship of Dreams in the Coastline of Togo, Africa during the take of the new movie partII and the ship was indeed intact condition and who never left the harbour port that day of April 12, l912, but who sunk into aDeep Ocean of African Quicksand that day. That worries me losing businesss to producer David Lynch of the "Dunes" movie. Ha!
Posted on: 2003/2/11 20:27
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
when this movie came out on dvd, i too was disappointed at the lack of special features. can someone tell me where to read/see these "deleted" scenes??????????? just reply to this, ok?!
Posted on: 2003/2/11 21:01
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
sorry 2 bother but maybe titanic have not got deleted scenes i think its the best film as it is it dont need more 2 it it made me cry enough lol! i think u lot rock n i am really into titanic ive seen the museum in southamton n everything if only one daay i would love 2 meet the cast!! love ya xxxxx p.s jack iz so nice what every gal wants lol [/b]
Posted on: 2003/2/16 10:40
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic
deleted scenes

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
As I become just as fascinated with the movie as I have with the ship (15 years now)I learn more and more about these Acadamy award winning film.

James Cameron originally intended the movie to be 5 hour and 20 minutes long. Since this was obviously to long for most (myself exluded)movie goers to endure, it was shortened to it's now featured time. Some scenes were never shot to begin with, while others were edited out in the post-production process. So alas, we'll probably never see some of the scenes that Cameron wanted to show. But in the meantime, most of us hear probably wish to see a new "Director's Edition" DVD sometime in the near future. Perhaps in time for Christmas 2003(let's hope.)

Here is an interesting scene that I'd like to share that took place as the RMS Carpathia entered NY Harbour:

Cal is searching for Rose on the Carpathia.
EXT(exterior) DECK CARPATHIA DAY. Rose is sipping hot tea. Her eyes focus on him as he approaches her. He barely recognizes her. She looks like a refugee, her matted hair hanging in her eyes.
ROSE 223Yes, I lived. How awkward for you.224
CAL 223Rose205 your mother and I have been looking for you205.224
She holds up her hand, stopping him.
ROSE 223Please don222t. Don222t talk. Just listen. We will make a deal, since that is something you understand. From this moment you do not exist for me, nor I for you. You shall not see me again. And you will not attempt to find me. In return I will keep my silence. Your actions last night need never come to light, and you will get to keep the honor you have so carefully purchased.224
She fixes him with a glare as cold and hard as the ice which changed their lives.
ROSE 223Is this in any way unclear?224
CAL (after a long beat) 223What do I tell your mother?224
ROSE 223Tell her that her daughter died with the Titanic.224
She stands, turning to the rail. Dismissing him. We see Cal stricken with emotion.
CAL 223You222re precious to me, Rose.224
ROSE 223Jewels are precious. Goodbye, Mr Hockley.224
We see that in his way, the only way he knows, he does truly love her.
(Also in this scene, one line was deleted from Old Rose222s voice. )

OLD ROSE Voice- 223That was the last time I ever saw him. He married, of course, and inherited his millions. The crash in 28 hit his interests hard, and he put a pistol in his mouth that year. His children fought over the scraps of his estate like hyenas, or so I read.224

All of scene 285 was deleted except for 1 line, which most will recognise they when you read it-

LATER CARPATHIA disgorges the survivors at the Cunard pier, Pier 54. Over 30,000 people line the dock and fill the surrounding streets. The magnesium flashes of the photographers go off like small bombs, lighting an amazing tableau. Several hundred police keep the mob back. The dock is packed with friends and relatives, officials, ambulances, and the press205 Reporters and photographers swarm everywhere205 6 deep at the foot of the gang-ways, lining the tops of cars and trucks205 it is the 1912 equivalent of a media circus. They jostle to get close to the survivors, tugging on them as they pass and shouting over each other to ask them questions. Rose is covered with a woollen shawl and walking with a group of steerage passengers. Immigration officers are asking them questions as they come off the gangway.

IMMIGRATION OFFICER 223Name?224

ROSE 223Dawson. Rose Dawson.224

The officer steers her to a holding area for processing. Rose walks forward with the dazed immigrants. The BOOM! of photographers222 magnesium flashes cause them to flinch, and the glare is blinding. There is a sudden disturbance near her as two men burst through the cordon, running to embrace an older woman among the survivors, who cries out with joy. The reporters converge on this emotional scene, and flashes explode. Rose uses this moment to slip away into the crowd. She pushes through the jostling people, moving with purpose, and none challenges her in the confusion.
OLD ROSE voice- 223Can you exchange one life for another? A caterpillar turns into a butterfly. If a mindless insect can do it, why couldn222t I? Was it any more unimaginable than the sinking of the Titanic?224
Tracking with her as she walks away, further and further until the flashes and the roar are far behind her, and she is still walking, determined.

For Forum users like "ILOVEJACK" that want to see and read about these deleted scenes, may I suggest you visit:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thetitanic/index.html

Enjoy....
Posted on: 2003/2/24 3:32
  •  adamparker55
      adamparker55
titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
yes i do
Posted on: 2003/3/7 8:19
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
thanks!
Guest_Anonymous
thanks for the great site! keep your fingers crossed for a director's cut!! on...& one quick question.... isn't tomorrow the actual titanic sinking date (4-14?) ?
Posted on: 2003/4/14 6:57
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Response to Your Question
Guest_Anonymous
One good site is [url]www.back-to-titanic.com[/url], but this site has been down lately. The one I read about all of my deleted scenes was [url]http://members.lycos.co.uk/thetitanic/index-2.html[/url]. It's a pretty good site because it has pictures of some of the deleted scenes. Like the other posters said, you really get a better understanding of the development of both themselves and their relationship.

I hope you enjoy it. :D [/url]
Posted on: 2003/8/8 4:59
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Response to Your Question
Guest_Anonymous
One good site is [url]www.back-to-titanic.com[/url], but this site has been down lately. The one I read about all of my deleted scenes was [url]http://members.lycos.co.uk/thetitanic/index-2.html[/url]. It's a pretty good site because it has pictures of some of the deleted scenes. Like the other posters said, you really get a better understanding of the development of both themselves and their relationship.

I hope you enjoy it. :D [/url]
Posted on: 2003/8/8 5:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.