Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I saw GOTA when it was at IMAX in London. Really rather good.. coulda used more of inside the ship and wreck instead of Bill Paxton/Cameron/etc but.. ah well overall pretty good and it actaully got my hubby re-interesed into it (the exhibit that we were at as well was helping get him re-interested as well..hehe)

The edition that is out IS the directors cut. It is the version Cameron wanted us all to see...

There is going to be a Special Edition coming out later this year. I've got 3 articles on it so far..

April 24,2003
A new Titanic dvd will be appearing soon. In a recent reliable DVD magazine it is reported that James Cameron will be re-releasing Titanic on dvd, but this time with more features and more scenes some of which are of Jack and Rose after they met. Also to be included is new footage from Cameron's latest Titanic documentary along with making of features.
The article mentions that they are working on the new dvd at the moment and that it would probably be released in the next 12-18 months. He also said that there will be scenes that were cut from the movie including some very interesting scenes about Rose & Jack after they met.
Cameron states the movie he released back in 1997 "is" the director's cut, because that was the version he wanted to show the world. But the article says that there are so many people who still like the movie and are really interested in seeing the rare footage.

---------------
December 3, 2003
You'll also be happy to know that we've confirmed with Paramount that special editions of The Untouchables, Top Gun, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut and Titanic are on the studio's DVD production slate. Untouchables and Top Gun are planned for 2004, with Untouchables at least due early in the year. Don't expect Titanic before the end of 2004 at the earliest however. And yes, these will all feature anamorphic widescreen transfers.
----------------
March 20, 2004
In Production: This is, perhaps, the most important area to keep an eye on. Now that more and more old 'movie-only' discs are being replaced with special edition treatments, knowing about these developments early on may save you from buying multiple versions. The following titles are currently in production, but as yet no official release date has been set. The dates listed are tentative and are subject to change without notice.

Batman: Special Edition (TBD)
Batman Returns: Special Edition (TBD)
Backdraft: Collector's Edition (TBD)
Blade Runner: Special Edition (TBD)
Bram Stoker's Dracula: Special Edition (TBD)
Chariots of Fire: Special Edition (2004)
English Patient, The: Special Edition (Mid 2004)
Fifth Element: Special Edition (TBD)
Goodfellas: Special Edition (TBD)
Iron Giant: Special Edition (TBD)
It's a Wonderful Life: Special Edition (TBD)
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride: Special Edition (TBD)
Office Space: Special Edition (TBD)
The Outsiders: Extended Version (TBD)
Predator: Special Edition (TBD)
Spaceballs: Special Edition (TBD)
Stripes: Special Edition (TBD)
[b:b10120dbdf]Titanic: Special Edition (Late 2004) [/b:b10120dbdf]
Top Gun: Special Edition (Mid 2004)
True Lies: Special Edition (TBD)
Posted on: 2004/4/14 17:59
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:99bb7fe86e="Betty"]I would have thought somthing would have come out for this Anniversary this week, but I guess not. Well, the DVD "Ghost of the Abyss" I guess will be out soon. When someone on this group gets it first, please let us all know and tell us what you think of it. I will be looking for it myself at the local mall this month.[/quote:99bb7fe86e]

Don't go to a mall and pay 2 times as much, go to Wal-Mart or somewhere like that (if there is one around).
Posted on: 2004/4/14 19:32
  •  shestheelusive1
      shestheelusive1

From
Group:
Registered Users
I agree. There should be a non-edited version, though I know it would be over 3 or 4 hours. The uncut scenes would be very interesting to see. For those of us who were cut, I know I speak for very many, it would be great to have the uncut version to reflect on a very special moment in all our lives. Will this ever be released???????? :?:
Posted on: 2004/6/2 21:59
  •  doger_11
      doger_11
yeah

From liverpool
Group:
Registered Users
yeah yeah yeah yeah
Posted on: 2004/6/7 14:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic