Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  abbey74
      abbey74
HER MEMORIES

From usa
Group:
Registered Users
I sit here on this stormy night and think the stories my great grandmother, when I was a child, the stories she would tell me
Especially the one about the great luxury liner that floundered so many years ago
As a young woman she survived Titanic, the greatest maritime disaster of them all, see
Even though she was very old, her memories remained in tact of the night in which so many lives met their maker, she could make her memories flow.

She has no way of knowing what she witnessed that night would impact her life so
She left the ship in lifeboat six, but what she describes she saw before she left would chill anyone to the very bone
So many died that night not realizing they were going to meet death, an utmost foe
No one imagined that tragic night would become so well known.

She would sit for hours and tell me her memories of the doom and gloom of that forsaken night
The way she would tell the story she could make it sound so vivid and real
I really felt sorry for my great-grandmother, because she had to live her entire life with the memories of that most destructive night
It was just hard to believe the ship ripped open like a tin can with her double plated steal.

All my life she told me she felt guilty because on that awful night she lived and didn't die
My great-grandmother was very strong, her strength help those that were lucky enough to be in the life boat stay strong
She always told me all those years she never understood why she survived, all those years in her mind she had a thousand whys
But thank God she was strong, because so many other survivors leaned on her strength.

Her strength made her go down in history and legend
She would become famous by the name she was crowned
People from this tragic fate would lean on her until they reached land
Everyone knew her as the unsinkable Molly Brown.
Posted on: 2004/8/14 16:48
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
Hey.

Without being too rude or unpleasant could you only post one topic on your things instead of several for the same thing? It only makes the forum run slower.

If you could co-operate I would be thankful.
Posted on: 2004/8/14 19:38
  •  mabel
      mabel

From
Group:
Registered Users
no offence abbey, but i would be interested if you would pm me and tell me how you are related to Maggie Brown. as a researcher of her life, i find it strange you would say she was known as the "unsinkable molly brown" when her family have been so outraged by this incorrect information that at one point, they refused to talk to any titanic researcher. they have now gained their trust in one person.
Margaret Browns family did not refer to her as "molly" and defineatley not the unsinkable. this didnt happen until after her death.

no offence intended, i just find it highly strange. i haven't come across an abbey who was a descendant of molly but maybe you are using a pseudonym or i have missed you out somewhere??
Posted on: 2004/8/18 15:07

From
Group:
Registered Users
Wow id love to read those memoires. And even if your not who you say you are who cares you have a great way with words and id like to hear more.
Posted on: 2004/8/18 16:19
  •  abbey74
      abbey74

From usa
Group:
Registered Users
I wrote on M olly Brown because I greatly admire her. If I offended anyone I'm sorry. All my work is totally fiction within the realms of my mind.
Posted on: 2004/8/18 17:20
  •  abbey74
      abbey74

From usa
Group:
Registered Users
I wrote on M olly Brown because I greatly admire her. If I offended anyone I'm sorry. All my work is totally fiction within the realms of my mind.
Posted on: 2004/8/18 17:20

From
Group:
Registered Users
ok fair enough now we have that cleared up want to share any more storys with us?
Posted on: 2004/8/19 9:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.