Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
would titanic be scrapped

From
Group:
Registered Users
If titanic had not have sunk would it still be around today or would it be scrapped
Posted on: 2004/8/18 15:41
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Chasethecat
      Chasethecat
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

From
Group:
Registered Users
:) I don't think it would be scrap, it was (not sure to date) considered the largest ship then. She'd be worth too much to scrap. Plus they do have another ship still floating today.
Posted on: 2004/8/18 18:37

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I think since it broke a lot of barriers and records during the making it most likely would still be around. Since it WAS the biggest and most luxurious, I think they would have kept it around for a while longer....at least until all the generations passed that had respect for her.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/19 22:29
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I actually think she would have been scrapped by now. Because she would have done her duty, she might have been turned into a war ship for WW1 and who knows what would have happend to her with that. And besides, after so many years of going acrosss the Atlantic, and bigger "better" ships being built that would have surpassed Titanic's...yeah IMO she would have eventually been scrapped. Plus think about it, is there ONE ship that is still around from the 1900's???
Posted on: 2004/8/20 11:33

From
Group:
Registered Users
Theres a ship called the HMS belfast thats old its sits on the river thames in England but im not sure of its exect age perhaps some one reading this will know but thats the oldest vessel i know of. I think it was used in one of the world wars
Posted on: 2004/8/20 13:55
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
The Queen Elizabeth I believe it is is docked in California, but I don't know the date of her..and I believe Queen Mary is still in "service" as well. Again don't know the date..

But considering I don't think any of the WSL ships are there anymore, except the Nomadic which is actually in plans to be scrapped or something, there's a petition going to keep her unscrapped as she's the only remaining tender of the WSL line
Posted on: 2004/8/20 15:20
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:61eeaba3a2="Rosie1912"]I actually think she would have been scrapped by now. Because she would have done her duty, she might have been turned into a war ship for WW1 and who knows what would have happend to her with that. And besides, after so many years of going acrosss the Atlantic, and bigger "better" ships being built that would have surpassed Titanic's...yeah IMO she would have eventually been scrapped. Plus think about it, is there ONE ship that is still around from the 1900's???[/quote:61eeaba3a2]

thats what i wouldve said. thanks for stealing my line. :wink:
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/21 1:06
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:1dde7ef633="rose89"][quote:1dde7ef633="Rosie1912"]I actually think she would have been scrapped by now. Because she would have done her duty, she might have been turned into a war ship for WW1 and who knows what would have happend to her with that. And besides, after so many years of going acrosss the Atlantic, and bigger "better" ships being built that would have surpassed Titanic's...yeah IMO she would have eventually been scrapped. Plus think about it, is there ONE ship that is still around from the 1900's???[/quote:1dde7ef633]

thats what i wouldve said. thanks for stealing my line. :wink:[/quote:1dde7ef633]

LOL Sorry, didn't mean to steal it, I just posted my thoughts..
Posted on: 2004/8/21 11:30
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
its ok. i'll get over it.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/21 17:53
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
probably the titanic suppose to be srapp,like the olympic, because when a ship is not profitable (around year 1930 )the ship is srapp , another fact is
don,t forget the last ship of the white star line the britanic ,this last ship was more bigger than the titanic(903 feet)titanic (882.8 feet)and the britanic was also luxurious than the titanic ,but when the first world war begin the britanic was modified in hospital ship and sank at kea canal!!!
bad chance for white star...but probably the britanic and the titanic finish at the scrapp....................
Posted on: 2004/8/22 1:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.