Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  Who is most responsible for loss of life?

Browsing this Thread:   6 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  LupoLA7
      LupoLA7

From
Group:
Registered Users
Who's To Blame?
Have you ever wondered who was to blame for all of those people that died from ye wreck of Titanic? I have! My segestion is Captain Smith; he wasn't telling people that the ship was going to sink. That made people think they didn't have to board the life boats. The people thought the crew was giong to take them out about one mile and bring them back in. I know not everyone could have ben saved but more people than what were saved could have lived for quite a long time.
Posted on: 2002/11/2 5:49
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  LupoLA7
      LupoLA7

From
Group:
Registered Users
Captain Smith is to blame for the ship wreck on that cold,horrible night of April 14,1912.He didn't take the messages seriously because if he would of he wouldn't of let the 1st class passengers on the telegrams making silly messages.Instead he would of kept the lines open for emergencys only.Plus,they would of had warning before when they first spotted the iceberg.
Bobbiejean
Posted on: 2002/11/2 7:43
  •  LupoLA7
      LupoLA7

From
Group:
Registered Users
Was the crew the killer of 1500 deads?
The cerw could have don better job. They show
no effert to let passagers know the Titanic
was going to sink.
So the cerw was the killer of 1500 people.

By: Rodney W. Hughes Smith
Posted on: 2002/11/2 8:07
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
ice warings are quite common at sea, and are just something to be aware of, for the titanic these didnt really pose any problems to her, untill she was heading into an "ice field" of which the carpathia warned her of, as they had stopped for the night because of it, titanic did get the message, but it was either forgotten about or not taken seriously by the wireless operator, and didnt get to the bridge.
the decision to keep the hit a secret was proberbly due to not to worry passengers, i would have thought most of the crew did not believe the ship was actually going to sink and therfore did not inform passengers.
Posted on: 2002/11/3 7:28
  •  melanie
      melanie

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi iam new to this board and I do have an opinion. I think that what happenend was a combination of everyone's opinion. Everything from the ships design, to the people involved. If the water tight doors had been used the way they were supposed to be used things might have been different. If the ice warnings had been taken more seriously, and the ship was going way to fast. Just to make a point Smith, and Ismay decided to make a point without thinking what could happen. By the way didnt Bruce Ismay end up killing himself in the end?? does that tell you anything??
Posted on: 2002/11/7 4:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Bruce Ismay killed innocent people.
Guest_Anonymous
Extra! Extra! Bruce Ismay killed 1,500 people!( He had sixty-four davits on the boat), but he only put sixteen boats in the davits. So that would mean if the ship sank,1,500 would die.Bruce Imay said "we don't need lifeboats but I'll put sixteen lifeboats on anyway."If he would have put sixty-four lifeboats on theTitanic no one would have died. Sincerely, DEANNA :P
Posted on: 2002/11/9 7:54
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Captain Smith is to blame for the wrecking of The Titanic.Captain Smith said not to stop for the night like The Californian did because of iceburgs.He said that the ships maiden voyage to New york was important for the paparazzi to see.1300 people died on April 13,1912,because he wanted to make it to New York in the morning.If he was still alive he should be charged for murder. :(
Posted on: 2002/11/9 8:02
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:bd2feb4201="Anonymous"]Captain Smith is to blame for the wrecking of The Titanic.Captain Smith said not to stop for the night like The Californian did because of iceburgs.He said that the ships maiden voyage to New york was important for the paparazzi to see.1300 people died on April 13,1912,because he wanted to make it to New York in the morning.If he was still alive he should be charged for murder. :([/quote:bd2feb4201]

I dont think Smith thought that at all, this was his last voyage before he retired, i dont know how many ships hes captined, but im sure the experience he had, he would not of put thousends of people's lifes at risk to make headlines, even if that whats the 1997 film suggests.
Posted on: 2002/11/9 9:32
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
cause of death
Guest_Anonymous
:? I BLAME THE CREW FOR ALL OF THE DEATHS BECAUSE THEY WERE SO BUSY HELPING THE FIRST CLASS THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE SECOND CLASS
Posted on: 2002/11/10 6:57
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Cause of death
Guest_Anonymous
shut up
Posted on: 2002/11/10 6:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.