Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I'm 20 as well, and I haven't gotten my lisence either. I've got the same thing goin on as Rosie...never really had the time, nor was much interested in getting it. I do work full time, but I work so close to my fiance it would be a waste of money if we both drive to work in seperate cars. And with gas prices so high, who can afford to waste money?
Once the wedding is over and done with I'll be saving up for a little SUV.... (Collie, remember what I told you that was??)....so, I'll work on getting it after the wedding. :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/25 22:13
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
actually, hes 16 1/2. please dont say that rose. i have been waiting to get my license since i was 6 if not younger. if they raise the age to 18, i will be crushed. you dont want to see me that way do you? :wink: dont worry, im a responsible driver.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/25 22:35

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yes nosie rosie i remember you told me but ive forgotten please say again? Rose i thought that you were much to young to drive? Rosie1912 you were brought up really good that comes across very clear and that goes for everyone on this wee site you are all very nice and friendly people im just glad to be a part of your wee group. I will light a candle and offer up a few prayers for you,s to pass. i went for the test years ago and failed i give it up to travel and because i had to give up my job i return to my home town and decided to learn new skills so i applyed for the test again. But this time it had got a lot harder i had to do a highwaycode test and a hst test and the driving test its self had got harder with many more exercises added. People here lie and try to play down the number of lession they took in order to pass but ill be honest with you i took lots hoping that this would make me safer on the roads as like i said before i want to be the first person to live for ever.
Posted on: 2004/8/27 10:57
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Driving in the states is far too easy. You study a little book, take a drug and alcohol course, Written exam, driving exam, eye exam, that's it. Far too simple.

I want a VW Bug but I think those are getting harder to find now..but I love them!! Not sure how expensive they are tho..
Posted on: 2004/8/27 12:19

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
In Ohio you don't even take the drug/alcohol test. You study a little book, which by the way, can be read in about half an hour to 45 minutes. Then, you take a test...get your temps. ....drive with a parent for like 200 hours or something like that. If you're under 18 you have to also be taking a driving lesson course, but if you're over, you don't have to. Then, when you have your hours, and can either prove you took the course or that your over 18, you take the eye exam, written exam, then driving exam. I agree, it's WAY too easy.

Posted on: 2004/8/27 14:23

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yes we do the eye test here as well.But not the drugs alcohol test
Posted on: 2004/8/27 14:31
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Might have only been in my state the drug and alcohol test. Although I don't understand why I have to take it, I don't smoke, don't do drugs and while in Europe I can legally drink, I don't like the stuff! And you can NOT get drunk off one bacardi breezer..lol
Posted on: 2004/8/27 14:57

From
Group:
Registered Users
Im not that keen on it nowadays myself theres better ways to spend my money. Your from different parts of the USA its mad that its not the same for everyone equal oppertunitys and all that. One day im going to visit America i want to see where Elvis lived.
Posted on: 2004/8/27 15:04
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
im 15 1/2. but i can promise you that when i get my license i will drive responsibly. im not that kind of person. but i really, really want to get my license.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/27 22:41

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:cc6921a928="colliewobbles"]Im not that keen on it nowadays myself theres better ways to spend my money. Your from different parts of the USA its mad that its not the same for everyone equal oppertunitys and all that. One day im going to visit America i want to see where Elvis lived.[/quote:cc6921a928]\r

Well, when you go to see it, call me and I'll go with you. I want to see it as well. :) It'd be nice to see. I hear his wife Priscilla kept it in excellent condition when he died, and then Lisa Marie did the same after Priscilla couldn't do it anymore. So, that's good to know! :)

Posted on: 2004/8/28 2:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.