Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
Where are you today nosie rosie?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hope your not ill but its not like you to miss the chance to over take me with postings. I was just wondering after your married will you still be around ? I hope so good friends like you are hard to find.
Posted on: 2004/8/31 15:26
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Collie- she's getting married in less than a month, and if things are as hectic with her as they were me in the final few weeks before I got married...Only with her they're probably more stressful... Final flower arrangements, final fittings, final bridesmaid dress fittings, bridal showers, bachelorette parties...I can see how it's possible she's not online everyday..then again she IS on my AOL messanger at times.. I think she's just either not up yet or at work maybe?
Posted on: 2004/8/31 15:51

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yes that must be it. God love her she must have a million and one things to do yous woman are great at that kind of thing.Oh i really hope that she doesnt get her self all worked up perhaps you can give her a few tips of what to do and what not to do that will help to her and to put her mind at ease. Im sure that its all never ending and very stress full for her.Nosie if you read this dont worry about posting a reply ill understand and ill slow down so as not to go to far a head of you.
Posted on: 2004/8/31 16:06

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
AWWW, I couldn't help but smile reading this thread!! You're both such kind souls. :)
Collie, I am a very busy girl. I work from 6:30 am to 5 pm, then when I come home I get online and do some posting...then after/during that I deal with wedding stuff.
Rosie is very correct, I'm going mad with everything I have to deal with about the wedding. Truth be told, we have nothing paid off yet and actually don't really know how we're going to pay it off. :( So, on top of the normal wedding stresses, I have the money thing to deal with as well. I'm very glad that after the wedding we're going to a bed and breakfast for the weekend. That will surely relieve at least SOME of the wedding stress.

And don't worry Collie...it would take more than me getting married to seperate me from you guys! you're like my family! :)

Collie my love, thank you for caring about me. :) Thanks for taking the time to ask how I was doing. I greatly appreciate it! :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/31 22:34

From
Group:
Registered Users
Nosie remember anything you want a talk about im here but i dont think id be much help wee Rosie1912 im sure would be much better. My advice is clear your head and try to enjoy your big day let someone else do all the running around and worrying. When you come across good people like you lot then you try to hold on its so easy to drift a part and lose contact if im honest if it was not for yourself and Rosie then i would have left here long ago thats why weeks ago i wrote a message to the owner of this site to see if yous could be rewarded in any way. But like he explained theres nothing really that he could do. Im glad i put a smile on your face . Wait until you see my picture any way i treat every day as if it were my last.
Posted on: 2004/9/1 10:43
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Oh no nosie!!! You didn't prepare finacially???? Ouch...yes I can see how that can worry you... We had 6 months from when we started to plan the wedding until the actual wedding, we just with each paycheck put up a little into savings and were able to make it finicial wise.

Can you see if your parents or his parents can chip in?? You do not want to have the wedding of your dreams then have it all over with and worry about the financial end of it afterwards, takes the fun out of it all.

I know it's kinda late now, but just try to save anything and everything you can. Even small change such as dimes and quarters, empty your pockets each night and save the change, remember 10 dimes equal a dollar..

Try to save on small things, even such as your hair, have your mom do it and your makeup, buy shoes from payless for example..veils off ebay.... Use your own car, don't rent one... Just osme examples

Alos, dont invite your moms sisters best friends cousin's brother..chances are you dont even KNOW the person... Remember that sisters best friends cousin's brother would just be ANOTHER mouth to feed PLUS they'd wanna bring their date...
Posted on: 2004/9/1 12:25

From
Group:
Registered Users
that seems very good advice to me. I can now see how things can get out of hand. The inportant thing is not the party but the wedding its self. Im sure it will all sort it self out in the end.
Posted on: 2004/9/1 13:42

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Yea....I know...it's not that we didn't plan for the financial part, but...well, it's a very long story..and basically, HE spent it on bills. I already bought my shoes that were $65....my hair I'm having done, but at a place where my bridesmaid knows the guy...so it's cheap. Veil will be bought from ebay....as my wedding dress itself was. :) We're not renting a car, no point since the wedding AND reception are in the same place.

And, if my mom's sister's best friend's cousins brother wants to go, then mom will be paying for the mouth to eat. :) Any guest who wants to bring someone they know that wasn't initially invited will pay us everything it will cost to have them there the entire night....so, about $30.

Right now we're getting Trav's dad to cosign a loan for us. He's got about perfect credit, so Trav's very confident we'll be fine. And I''ve been spending EVERY paycheck on the wedding. Paying a vendor, getting something done to the dress, etc....

Right now it's very tough to do all that, AND get ready to move. Our mode in date is Sept 10th if not earlier. And that's only next Friday!! So, we've got a lot to worry about. :)

Posted on: 2004/9/1 23:55
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Can I say I think you could have done better price wise??? Did you make or order your invitations?? $65 bucks for shoes you'll wear ONCE (maybe more if you want and dye them but I don't know anyone who's dyed their wedding shoes) ??? Mine weren't even that expensive! Originally I'd bought some off ebay for $5.00 but they were too big, I'm not sure how much my other ones were anymore. The hair, is it REALLY nessicary to have someone professionally do it??? Despite it may seem very small amount, the very small amounts DO add up. And even though your fi is getting a loan you'll spend quite sometime getting it paid back off, with the wedding AND an appartment, I hate to say I think you've got too much on your plate...phyiscally, emotionally and financially... Moving in on the 10th and getting married on the 25th??? Personally, If I were you, I'd delay/postpone one of the two things.. and since the wedding is already scheduled, I'd say try to post pone the moving because you're going to be so worn out you won't be able to enjoy anything. (I know, as I too am in the process of moving and I'm about to go CRAZY and I don't even have a wedding coming up! So I know it's double the stress for you)

And I can I mention it's rude if someone wants to bring someone and you tell them yes but tell them THEY have to pay for it... that's really bad ediquette... If someone wants to bring someone and you can't afford it, you say NO, if you say YES the YOU should pay for it as you ALLOWED them to bring someone.

Hm..I'm hoping I don't sound bitchy..... :?
Posted on: 2004/9/2 7:44

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
You didn't sound bitchy....
The people we're telling to pay for their guests are VERY close friends that have NO IDEA what wedding ediquitte is....so they're 100% fine with it.
Hair...there is not a single person in my family that can do anything with their hair besides put it in a pony tail. Nada. Not even curl it.
Shoes....since I have a TON of white clothes and these shoes are the cutest things I've ever seen, I'm already DYIN to wear them again. I already have outfits lined up to wear with them!!
And yea, we'll spend forever paying off the loan, but, we have nothing else big to be paying off. I mean, not that that's a good reason to get one, but it's true. We don't own a house, he's the only one with a car payment and it's only $160 a month....But we've taken into consideration how much the loan would be added to all of our other bills, and it's very reasonable.
And..I know I have too much on my plate. But, if you lived with the roomate we do, you'd be moving out this soon too. We cannot stand another hour with this man, let alone another week. We're so mad at each other that even a night here is so tense....we're always fighting and such. It's adding more stress to be here then it is to just move out!
(Plus, I've moved so many freakin times in my life I'm basically a pro at it. .....that's sad to admit, but it's true. )

We're keeping wedding costs WAY down...I mean, total it's about $4,000....and we can actually pay about $1,000 before then...so we only need about a $3,000 loan or credit limit. Hell, that's more than he needed to get his car....

We'll be fine.....everything is going very well now.

Posted on: 2004/9/3 4:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.