Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  8 Votes
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Not the Titanic but the Olympic sank !
Guest_Anonymous
I so totally agree with you there is no way that the ship that went down on april 14/15 1912 was anything but the Titanic it would cost tomuch money to pull off such a fraud anyway they would have had to repaint the ship replace all extras like cards menus towels anything that might have the name of the ship on it and none of that would make any sense because it would cost thousands even millions to switch themno they couldn't have switched ship :pint: :hammer:

Quote:

ctyslckr28 wrote:
I have to totally disagree with you on the switch.....the titanic definetly did sink there is too much evidence that they have recovered from the ocean floor... 1. a deck of cards that was recovered during an expedition to the wreck site in 1993 with the titanic's name on them...why would they switch them? 2. a gold pocket watch was recovered in 1987 that belonged to thomas brown who was on the titanic with his wife and 16 yr old daughter they survived he didnt ..the watch was returned to the daughter when she was 91 yrs old......now tell me did all 3 get on the wrong boat?.........................................
Posted on: 2004/11/9 15:51
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
first, i want to say that i am not taking sides. im just pointing out stuff.

if there wasnt such a big difference in the ships, they couldve switched them. i mean how hard is it to cover the promenade deck and take it off on the other ship? the cards dont prove anything. its just a deck of cards. if you switch a ship and switch everything else to match then why wouldnt you switch a deck of cards. second, that second proof doesnt prove anything. he was on a ship that either was or believed to be the titanic. it is normal that they would find if he died. (not that they found everything, but if it was there, then he was on the ship.)
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/11/9 21:40

From bottom of the ocean near the titanic
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with bladefire it would still be to costly to make since and what if they didn't wreck that would have been quite embarsing

for titanic avatars here is a good spot for ones of jack rose and the two of them together
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/casablanca/110/titanic.h...
Posted on: 2004/11/9 21:49
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
some people say it was desined for her to sink, because of the number under which she was construdted and several other superstitious stuff. im not saying they switched the ships but it was possible.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/11/9 22:05
  •  Katherine
      Katherine

From
Group:
Registered Users
I've come across this theory before, and while I credit it for being thought out...it's a conspiracy theory and nothing else. For one thing, I don't think the Olympic was that badly damged when it ran into the Hawke (that's the right ship isn't it?) and even if it was, I don't think they would've had enough time to switch everything.
Posted on: 2004/11/10 3:43

From ontario canada
Group:
Registered Users
but how is that possible.

i read something like that like a year ago in a book that it was like only a myth but hey im a blond candain i odnt no anything!
Posted on: 2004/11/10 4:42
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
im blonde, but i try to know everything. it is possible, it doesnt make sense tho. why would want the world to know that the biggest and most beautiful ship on earth sank?
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/11/10 12:15
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I have read many reports on this subject and i have come to the conclusion that it was definately the Titanic that sunk and not the Olympic.
One must stop to think of the implications involved in this so called switch of names.1 The hull plate No's for a start.Then there are the countless people that worked on her,not to mention the crew.Also correct me if i'm wrong but i think that i read somewhere that the radio communications on Titanic were new and not installed on Olympic.Because the new type of distress signal was sent from titanic.I am well aware that there have been many insurance swindles in the past but to suggest this as the case in hand for the Titanic is to my mind stupid.There were to many things that would have shown this scam up.Still thats my views on it ,as they say you can fool some of the people some of the time, But you can't fool all the people all the timeQuote:

rose89 wrote:
im blonde, but i try to know everything. it is possible, it doesnt make sense tho. why would want the world to know that the biggest and most beautiful ship on earth sank?
Posted on: 2004/11/10 12:38
  •  steve448
      steve448

From
Group:
Registered Users
it don't matter which ship they where more or less the same it was the loss of life what mattered
Posted on: 2004/11/10 16:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi,

IF Titanic and Olympic had been switched this is what people think would have happened:

On the 20th September, 1911 the HMS Hawke smashed into the side of Titanic's sister ship Olympic just after Olympic had left Southampton for her 5th voyage. Olympic's starboard side was so badly damaged that it took two weeks just to patch her up! so that she could go to Harland & Wolff, Belfast, UK for 6 weeks of repairs! During this time work was stoped on Titanic.

In February 1912 Olympic returned to Belfast, UK for a new propeller blade, during this time she was right next to her sister Titanic, so if they were switched it would have been done then.

(All of the above is fact)

Some people believe that they were switched because Olympic was no longer sea worthy and It is fact that they recieved no insurance money because Olympic was blamed for the accident.

The real Titanic would have been finished as her sister (during the 6 weeks) and would have had a long career as Olympic.

The real Olympic would have been refited as Titanic (don't forget they were almost identical).

The plan would have been to sink Olympic and all the passengers be safely transfered to the Californian and maybe other IMM owned ships but things went terribly wrong.

So was Titanic a tragic disaster or an insurance fraud gone terribly wrong??????????????????????????

Tom
Posted on: 2004/11/10 19:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.