Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  cartirlfanatic
      cartirlfanatic
Re: maybe it was a curse!!!!!!

From Tx
Group:
Registered Users

In some of the stories, the mummy is not that of a king, but of a priestess, or princess, of Amen-Ra. In other stories, the mummy was rescued in a lifeboat and once it arrived in New York, anyone who came near it fell under its curse. In one version, the mummy made an attempted return to Egypt on the ship The Empress of Ireland -- which sank -- and then made a second attempt . . . aboard the Lusitania

Now this would be one helluva movie or book would do for me. Then in the 1950, it went on board the Andrea Doria.
Posted on: 2005/1/3 21:05
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  jmvu2007
      jmvu2007

From
Group:
Registered Users
the hole mummy thing is in a titanic book called.....882 1/2 questions about the titanic..and it said that it was false...but it could still be true
Posted on: 2005/1/4 0:15
  •  ValerieRose
      ValerieRose

From
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if you lot have seen this, but this was in Weekly World News on July 30th, 2002. I just scanned those from my magazine if you wish to use them please ask for my permission first thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Rose_Feehily/titaniccursejuly302002wwn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Rose_Feehily/titaniccursejuly302002wwn2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Rose_Feehily/titaniccursejuly302002wwn3.jpg

It talks about the curse of the mummy and the "actual" picture of it. Mind you this is a TABLOID, so I'm sure it's "true".
Posted on: 2005/1/27 6:11
  •  neverletgo
      neverletgo

From ct
Group:
Registered Users
intersting but i dont know if i believe it part of me does but was there really 2 mummys?wow what if one was down there with the grand ship.wow real interesting stuff.thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!!

free spirited love
Posted on: 2005/1/27 8:58
  •  ValerieRose
      ValerieRose

From
Group:
Registered Users
No probs glad I could scan it, I also have an article of Titanic 2 which was a couple years ago on that. I have too much stuff, I swear.
Posted on: 2005/1/27 18:34
  •  Nat
      Nat

From Hastings, England
Group:
Registered Users
If you all believe on a mummy curse being on the Titanic maybe you wanna believe in something like 'Ghost Ship' being true as well.
It's a good film but very far fetching, just like this Mummy idea for me.
Posted on: 2005/2/1 13:48

From Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
I'm of mixed thoughts. Maybe the mummy was real and maybe it wasen't. Still freaks me out though.

-------
All my best,
Killian,

- ???
Posted on: 2005/4/13 18:45
  •  Captain_Jack
      Captain_Jack

From
Group:
Registered Users
Curse of the Mummy or Dummies?
Some time after the sinking, several New York newspapers revealed the truth behind the Titanic's tragedy. They claimed that the real reason for the disaster, was a mummy of an Egyptian pharaoh within Titanic's cargo hold. It was told that the mummy was cursed, and when the unimaginable happened, the collector bribed some members of the crew to put the mummy into a lifeboat. Once the mummy arrived in America, it brought such terrible luck to the collector that he shipped it back to Europe, supposively on the ship Empress of Ireland, which sank and carried a death toll of many lives. Somehow, the mummy was saved again. The owner now decided to return it to Egypt on a third ship, the Lusitania, which was torpedoed by a German submarine. It was presumed that the pharaoh sank with the ship and now lies undisturbed at the bottom of the Irish Channel.

The Facts: No mummy sailed on the Titanic. Neither was it onboard the other ships. This myth apparently reassured people seeking a reason for the unthinkable disaster. However, it adds allure to the Titanic legend and the mummy's curse remains fiction.

It's just more of the same National Enquirer mentality fables that popped up after the Titanic sank,

http://www.samsloan.com/cursed.htm
Posted on: 2005/4/15 13:45
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
Thats freaky but then again if there was nomummy, no need to fret lol
Posted on: 2005/4/16 12:06