Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  I cant believe people think titanic was switched!!!!

Browsing this Thread:   29 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
Re: I cant believe people think titanic was switched!!!!

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Johno wrote:
the front view of the two ships are different in that pic glen_fitzger posted underneath her comment. The ship on the right has a pointed front while the other one doesn't

erm sorry to say but it's just the angel john, both ships are the same at the front, there is really only two ways to distinguish the front, and that is the window desing on deck c 9at least i think it's deck c) but anyway it matters not one wit, all it does is illistrate how trivial the diferences where.
Posted on: 2005/5/24 18:58
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
the pic looks awkward to me, ah well am getting old
Posted on: 2005/5/24 19:10
  •  TitanicExprt
      TitanicExprt

From In front of my computer in the United States of America
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TitanicCrazy wrote:
I think that it was added two months later.

Hey this has just come to my mind:
Why would The Californian stop its trip half way across the Atlantic, so near Titanic, and the only items on board were 3,000 woollen blankets? Was the Californian sent out for some sort of insurance scam to where the Titanic sank? Can anyone answer this?

Oh, and maybe they didn't fill the lifeboats to full capacity because they thought the Californian would come and save everyone?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION? This question is driving me mad!

One of the reasons that they didn't fill all of the life boats to the amount that they could have is because there was a lot of people that were panicking.I mean after all most people believed that the Titanic was unsinkable and when it started to sink people began to get very scared.
Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain something of equal value must be lost.That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.FMA
Posted on: 2005/5/26 21:53

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
It is quite humorous at some of the things that are said to be conspiracy evidence. One is that titanic was not photographed very often, this is meant o be so we couldn’t tell the ships apart as easily making a switch more easy to believe. Silly, Titanic during construction was photographed about 45 times during construction in the Belfast slip, this is small compared to the 150+ photos taken of Olympic during the same time period, this is not strange at all, the simple fact of the matter is Olympic was the class leader,' the biggest ship in the world', grandest, all the rest of it, was all applied to Olympic, Titanic was just the second of this class. There where sum 100,000 people that came to see Titanic launch, but according to many people there most where marveling over the recently completed Olympic which came back to Belfast for her sister's launch.
Posted on: 2005/5/28 14:00
  •  TitanicExprt
      TitanicExprt

From In front of my computer in the United States of America
Group:
Registered Users
To much info at once after schools out.
Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain something of equal value must be lost.That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.FMA
Posted on: 2005/5/31 2:55

From Benton Harbor MI
Group:
Registered Users
One observation during the time that Titanic sank was the coal trade and that the business embargo was under calamity and scrutiny and Titanic was recieving coal from other ships and companies, similar to crossing a picket line and going to work anyway (scabbing). This alone might have have been a reason for sabotage, and the fact that H&W were a competitor to Cunard.. In those days money had pictures of oceanliners printed on them being the ultimate transportation. Put those two points of interests together (money and prosperity of wealth being the hot item) certyainly casts a shadow of doubt and dismay. The most greedy people in the world are the ones that are expedentially wealthy (own businesses) and 'money is the root of all evil'...

I have considered the likelihood and possibility that Titanic had intentionally met with foul play and that the Californian may have had a role in the iceberg being in the direct path of Titanic
(the iceberg was pushed there)

That is not impossible, and is a fea$ibility all thing$ con$idered..
(the mafia)
Posted on: 2005/7/29 17:15

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Now that is imposible, no way could an ice berg be pushed, not only would the calafornian be damaged, also, the ice berg weighs FAR more than the ship, millions of gallons of water, ice bergs can weigh more than superliners, 90%of there mass is under the water. Now come on that is just sillyness to consider. The idea of sabotage, to do with the coal strike may well be feasable true, but pushing a berg, nope
Posted on: 2005/7/29 18:53
  •  WSLHistorian
      WSLHistorian

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
I don't believe the White Star Line switched Titanic & Olympic. From all the information ive gathered it is technically possible to have done such a thing. But there were so many Harland & Wolff shipyard workers working on the two ships that you know if it were true someone somewhere would have told the story and passed it down. Also B-Deck's windows on Titanic were arranged quite differently from Olympic's due to the fact that after Olympic's maiden voyage J. Bruce Ismay decided that the first class suite's would make the Titanic much grander than her sister ship Olympic. More minor changes would be made by him as well but this one led to a small appearence change in the windows (besides A-Deck Promenade) that you can tell between the two ships. Olympic had a more equally spaced out B-Deck when it came to windows.
Posted on: 2005/7/29 19:48

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I would agree however I have read some Titanic historian’s takes on this theory, most take the view of it being just a theory and a myth, and most say that the A and B-deck differences mean this idea is impossible. Now at launch and during the fitting out stage as seen in this photo, Titanic is missing her distincting differences like the A-deck promenade, notice in this photo its completely open, and not yet closed off at the front half, and the windows seem to be fairly evenly spaced again, like the Olympic, but different to what titanic was like when she went on her famous voyage. Now I will be clear I don’t believe this theory, though am open to 'substantial evidence' which is lacking here but, wouldn’t it be fairly easy to, close the Olympics front promenade, and change the B-deck as well, instead of Titanic as until very late on she was missing her distincting differences. Now, am well aware that, there where more differences between them and not just from the outside, but I for one believe that the idea the ship was different in these areas, so therefore there could be no switch, isn't strictly true. Changing Olympic instead of Titanic is completely feasible, so that is why I stay open, and don’t take the A-b deck differences as the nail in the coffin to the conspiracy theory. I think the matter is open, but there is whole mass of evidence against this idea, so that is why at this moment in time, I say it is Titanic at the bottom. Also as for the idea of the workers, who is going to listen to a couple of working class Irish ship builders saying the white star line is going to sink the largest ship in the world. I also think most would not know about the switch, basically keep 100 or so men back one day or two, change lifeboats names, few letter heads, diner menus, the interchangeable items that have the 400 or 401 stamp changed, and such and such, when the work force comes in the next week or what ever, its like nothing has ever happened.

Attached file: jpg  59.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2005/7/29 23:01
  •  WSLHistorian
      WSLHistorian

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
If they did indeed switch the two vessels there must of been a great number of Harland and Wolff workers in the area that would of known of such a major change. I'm not saying they would have known about the "wanting to sink the ship" part but I know they would have told atleast someone about this switching of the ships and it would have been passed down especially after the sinking of the Titanic. I believe this theory was born just because of the fact that Olympic and Titanic were so closely alike in the first place. People are constantly making up and twisting stories, rumors and facts to make myths in which we all ponder what the truth really is...
Posted on: 2005/7/29 23:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.