Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Titanic's Resting place,Don't raise her
Guest_Anonymous
There has been much talk about raising the ill fated Titanic.As we all know that today we can achieve splendid things,But raising the titanic is not one of them.She lay undetected for over half a century and it was only mans thirst for knowledge of her that led to her discovery on the ocean floor over two miles down.Whilst it would be a marvelous feat to raise her it would also be impossible owing to the state she is now in.One has only to look at underwater photo's of the wreck site to realise this.Personally i think we should be content with photographic history of this tragic ship.It would be amount to grave robbing and disturbing someones final resting place.After all Lou Grade tride to raise the Titanic in film and that turn out to be a waste of money and a box office flop.Your views on this please,no offence meant to dedicated Titanic followers just my own opinion.Booty
Posted on: 2004/11/14 13:46
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Titanic's Resting place,Don't raise her

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I think they should leave her alone now. If they do try and raise her it will only create more problems. However, I do think they should have tried to raise her when they first found her. I do'nt consider it grave robbery only because no one gets all upset about ancient Pharoh's being found.

plus, what good would Titanic do if it just sat at the bottom of the ocean forever. If it were raised it would let the families of the victims actually see it and see where their loved one died.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/11/14 18:39
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi,

Many people have dreamed about raising her but no one has ever tried (except for the many items from the debris field).

If Titanic was raised sadly she would probably crumble and fall apart.

Tom
Posted on: 2004/11/15 12:37
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NosieRosie wrote:
I think they should leave her alone now. If they do try and raise her it will only create more problems. However, I do think they should have tried to raise her when they first found her. I do'nt consider it grave robbery only because no one gets all upset about ancient Pharoh's being found.

plus, what good would Titanic do if it just sat at the bottom of the ocean forever. If it were raised it would let the families of the victims actually see it and see where their loved one died.

I have to agree with you; if they try to raise her it will make a big problem and a really big mess of her and everything around her.

In a way I think we should let her be becuase it's a resting place for everyone who lost their lives on that cold April night. But then if we did not leave her we would not have see a lot of artifacts that we can see now because of that.
Posted on: 2004/11/15 13:07
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Tom
I have to agree with your comments.But just supposing we had the techknowlegy we have today back in 1912.And that she had been found then.I should think then that it might have been a viable proposition to try and raise her.But sadly it took so long to find her that that dream must now be impossible.We must hope that still more artifacts can be bought to the surface over time.Quote:

Tom Dyer wrote:
Hi,

Many people have dreamed about raising her but no one has ever tried (except for the many items from the debris field).

If Titanic was raised sadly she would probably crumble and fall apart.

Tom
Posted on: 2004/11/15 13:29
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i agree with you 100% it should not be raised it would be aninsult to her memory :pint: Quote:

booty wrote:
There has been much talk about raising the ill fated Titanic.As we all know that today we can achieve splendid things,But raising the titanic is not one of them.She lay undetected for over half a century and it was only mans thirst for knowledge of her that led to her discovery on the ocean floor over two miles down.Whilst it would be a marvelous feat to raise her it would also be impossible owing to the state she is now in.One has only to look at underwater photo's of the wreck site to realise this.Personally i think we should be content with photographic history of this tragic ship.It would be amount to grave robbing and disturbing someones final resting place.After all Lou Grade tride to raise the Titanic in film and that turn out to be a waste of money and a box office flop.Your views on this please,no offence meant to dedicated Titanic followers just my own opinion.Booty
Posted on: 2004/11/16 22:29

From bottom of the ocean near the titanic
Group:
Registered Users
yeah that is so true

for titanic avatars here is a good spot for ones of jack rose and the two of them together
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/casablanca/110/titanic.h...
Posted on: 2004/11/17 1:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.