Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: What Were The Major Differences Between Olympic and Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
You should know that TV can glamorise anything to suit there needs.You don't have to beleive what you see.Everyone has at some time thought about this conspiracy theory.But if you research deep enough you will discover the truth,which is TITANIC sank and not the olympic.Who else agrees with this lets put this poor sole out of his dream world.
Posted on: 2004/12/7 14:17
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Me in a dream world. its only a point of view.
Posted on: 2004/12/7 14:47
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Superbowl i have to agree with you it was only an opinion and everyone is entitled to those.No doubt you are like me always looking forward to answers, they ill come eventually just carry on as you are,and don't take it to heart on some of the comments you get. You asked a question re- portholes on Titanic and Olympic at present i'm looking this up as i have so many books and data on disc's that it takes time but as soon as i have got any info i'll let you have it.
Posted on: 2004/12/7 15:05
  •  shkstephens
      shkstephens

From Nashville, Tennessee (United States)
Group:
Registered Users
The Olympic was the smaller of three ships constructed, measuring 882.5 feet long and weighing 45,323 tons; the Titanic was the middle ship and only slightly larger at 883 feet long, weighing 46,328 tons; the Britanic was the largest of the three, but I don't have any specs on it.

The differences between the Olympic and the Titanic were their portholes and their placement. I believe both had four smokestacks (three functioning, and a fourth on both for aesthetics). That's about all I know. Hope that helps!
Posted on: 2004/12/7 18:01
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Lets see, the Olympic had the word "Olympic" on it, as well as it's own number, and Titanic had the word "Titanic" on it with it's number on all of it's parts lol. If I can recall correctly, I think the Titanic had a pool and the Olympic did not. Correct me if I'm wrong, I also need to go back and look at this stuff to make sure I get everything right before posting. There wre also some safety modifications made on the Olympic, after the Titanic sank. So those would be some differences as well.

As for the Britannic, well that was turned into a hospital ship so there of course would be some major differences appearance wise, but this ship was also fitted with large davits that could swing over to the opposite side of the ship to pick up life boats if needed (say if the ship was listing to one side too much). That's all i can come up with at the moment.

Jessica

Jessica
Posted on: 2004/12/7 20:25
  •  Scammell
      Scammell

From Abbotsford British Columbia Canada
Group:
Registered Users
_ Booty u are a good guy. I would like to now some facts about the differences of the 2 ships, other then the ovious ones like the open first class prominade deck! I started this post on this topic only. I leave for a day a get back and I see nothing but conspericy theory B S. I dont believe in that theory. I know lots about the Titanic, and Britannic, and a little on the Olympic, but I wanna know what made the Titanic the Titanic, compared to Olympic. The 2 ships are virtualy the same. Just wanna know what the little difference were like, say was the Titanic longer, or heavier. I think the Olympic was the greatest ocean liner of them all just cause it didnt sink.
Posted on: 2004/12/7 23:25
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Thanks
Posted on: 2004/12/8 10:34
  •  hansolo
      hansolo

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
the portholes were different and as you problay know the smokr stacks weere also different. could you please tell us when and were the best titanic museum would be
Posted on: 2004/12/8 10:48
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Scammel,
Reading through these recent post it seems your question has been roughlyanswered,but if i can help futher PM me and i will endeavour to assist you futher,in the mean time you might like to have a look at my site which is still in the development stage, it can be found at http://freewebs.com/whitestar-titanic And then look under techical data heading.
Posted on: 2004/12/8 13:01
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hey Dude or should i call you booty ??
Just scaned your site, very impressed how long has it taken you to do? i would love to do one if i knew how will keep an eye on it. regards neptune
Posted on: 2004/12/8 14:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.