Poster Thread
  •  Icestar
      Icestar
Mysterious picture from the Titanic

From Helsinki, Finland
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Titanic experts...
Last night I was reading one of the books about Titanic and I happened to realise a picture from the A deck aft, and that there was another picture ON it. It's interesting because one can see "ghost tables, chairs and windows" that are apparently from the private promenade for parlour suite. Of course I'm not sure about that, but there aren't those kind of tables elsewhere in the pictures. I don't have a scanner so I can't post it to anyone, but you can find this picture from the book called " Titanic and her sisters Olympic and Britannic", by Tom McCluskie, Michael Sharpe, Leo Marriot. It's on the page 299. It also is in the Geof Tibballs' Titanic book on the page 42 and in the Peter Tresh's book on the page 41 ( not the whole picture though).
Posted on: 2004/12/10 11:25
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Mysterious picture from the Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
sorry but i dont see it. remember these pictures are 92 years old. who ever took the picture may have used the film twice.
Posted on: 2004/12/10 11:37
  •  Icestar
      Icestar
Re: Mysterious picture from the Titanic

From Helsinki, Finland
Group:
Registered Users
Of course I understand that these pictures are old, but it seems that there IS something like a table on the right corner, starting from the man's foot. Then there is like a mirror or a window on his chest and on the right shoulder, and like a line of windows on the right side of the photo. One might think that this isn't so interesting, but what if the "Ghost" photo is from the Titanic. Then it would bring a new message from the history and it could tell something new about this ship. The only problem is how to make this photo more clear so that one could see the picture. Is that possible or do I need the original photo for that? In fact is there any pictures left from the private promenade deck?
Posted on: 2004/12/10 13:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.