Poster Thread
  •  Trivulak
      Trivulak
regret will not raise the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
Ahoi Shipmates,
Can it be said that when the Titanic sank the world became a better place? The sinking of the liner led directly to the realisation that icebergs were indeed very dangerous object that deserved our respect and grudging admiration. To have the wherewithall and bouancy to suruptisiouly maintain two thirds of ones gigantic mass under the surface is a skill for which the iceberg can scarcely be given enough credit. Were the Titanic designed to be capable of such a marvelous feat then surely lives would have been saved on the night in question. The following is a first hand account of the thoughts of one passanger who survived the tragedy.

I michael.

The air is crisp and my breath sings larking summersaults over the thinly glistening dew carrying my frightned warbles to the cruel atmosphere. The Ship lurches hugley toward a smirking moon and my salty tears pool and diffuse in my ginger whiskers. Why does it tower so? The hull garishly protrudes from the calmness and whispers its secrets with dry relish. It looks at me with rivetted eyes and implores me to hide its shame below the waves. With a joyful exhulting creak she begins her descent toward her final resting place. At peace at last, the old whore swaggers into retirement, never again to be exposed to the prying eyes of the non-blind.

MMichael lived to a ripe old age but his insight resonates even now. To send a ship of the calibre of Titanic out into the cruel sea with her hull so as exposed as it was, was an exersise in the grossest and cruellest form of folly. Good night old girl you were my favourate strumpet.

Trivulak.
Posted on: 2004/12/14 13:26
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: regret will not raise the Titanic

From West of Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
Oh yeah...I know that Michael guy. He's 32 years of age and lives in the mental asylum with you in upstate New York. What a memory he has though!
Posted on: 2004/12/14 14:26
  •  Flipitt
      Flipitt

From
Group:
Registered Users
Orion, that was a disgusting thing to say. How dare you bad mouth the Titanic and those that survived that horrendous night! You should be ashamed of yourself!
Posted on: 2004/12/14 16:11
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
I think you write well Trivulak.

Jessica
Posted on: 2004/12/14 16:26
  •  Flipitt
      Flipitt

From
Group:
Registered Users
I often wonder, what would the World be like had the Titanic not sunk? Surely, it opened the eyes of the Edwardians and the rest of the World, it told them that great disasters can happen. Were it not for the sinking of Titanic, even greater disasters may have fallen into place and the World would surely be much different to how it is now.
Posted on: 2004/12/14 16:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Im sorry but i dont think the sinking of the Titanic back in 1912 has changed the world so drasticly as you are making out.
Posted on: 2004/12/14 16:48

From West of Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
Flipitt,

I didn't bad mouth the Titanic. Mìchael never existed. I presume you thought the fictional account of the Titanic's sinking was touching. Sorry to break it to you, nobody talks like that and just in case you didn't know, Kate Winslet wasn't on the Titanic either. It's people like you who warp the truth by trying to dress the tragedy into being more than it was. It was an awful tragedy in history...no more no less.
Posted on: 2004/12/15 7:28

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
A would agree it did't change the world. It was more of a time where people thought maybe we are't as good as we thought maybe in the battle against nature we just can't win. Even the qm2 can't claim the title of unsinkable and indeed no ship ever will they may come close though.
Posted on: 2005/1/2 22:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.