Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  8 Votes
  •  comando
      comando
RAISE THE TITANIC WE CAN

From
Group:
Registered Users
READ THIS READ ALL Well heres the idea folks I say we try and raise this giant out of the sea. Before I get started Id like to say that I have read every post on all the forms and from the looks of it TITANIC'S hull is in great shape to be raised from the sea. And since the ship, on april 15 1912 at 1:40am broke in half the Bow of the ship is the most intact. I've read that there is only 5 submersibles in the world that can go to depths of the titanic. I'm not saying pull up the whole ship. Just pull up half and then if we can pull up the rest at a later time. Most people think this ship is weak and can not hold itself if it were to be raised. THINK OF THIS PEOPLE. the hull is being pressed on by tons and tons of water each day. (1 ton of water for every 3in X 3in). The ship would definatly rise if we pulled it up. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLEGY TO DO THIS. Im not saying pull it up fast. It would be more like a couple of feet per day becase the faster u pull things up the more water resistance there is. Now to pull it up at this rate would take days so before the rise there will be a floating platform set up with the cranes and winches nessesery to do this. Now lets say we do get the ship up and out of the water.... people ask how are we going to keep it together when its out of the water since now there is more stress on the hull because its being moved around. So i say we put it in a huge tank of fresh water then use the huge floating platform and sink it ...place it underneth the tank of water ... then pump air back into the platform and raise the tank out of the water.....(this is very possible because it has allready been done...... a old super carrier is now out fitted with pumps and sinks to let small boats get on deck and then raises it self back up to transport the boats accross to europe.) PEOPLE USE UR IMAGINATION WE COULD DO THIS!!! THIS COULD ALL BE VERY REAL IF WE TRYED..............I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON THIS..THANK YOU

...Plus....WHY? its just a lump of metal what possible reason could you have for hauling it up...the thing is a wreck......and a grave yard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------why?, because over 1,500 people died from that ship. Because 1,500 people died on that "lump of meatal" thats why.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 0:45
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  comando
      comando
Re: RAISE THE TITANIC WE CAN

From
Group:
Registered Users
Please leave your opinions.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:05
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

comando wrote:
Before I get started Id like to say that I have read every post on all the forms and from the looks of it TITANIC'S hull is in great shape to be raised from the sea.

I didn't know such a determination could be made that way. Did you see the pictures? It doesn't look to be in "great shape." Not even close.

Quote:
Most people think this ship is weak and can not hold itself if it were to be raised. THINK OF THIS PEOPLE. the hull is being pressed on by tons and tons of water each day. (1 ton of water for every 3in X 3in).

That's in no way indicative of Titanic's integrity or lack of it. The steel itself is under pressure, but not just from inside the hull, but from every direction. The pressure inside the ship is in equilibrium with that outside. Solid steel doesn't compress so easily, now does it? It says nothing of how Titanic would hold up structurally with the different stresses to which it'd be subjected.

Quote:
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLEGY TO DO THIS.

Do we? What do we have that'd allow us to raise Titanic?

Quote:
Im not saying pull it up fast. It would be more like a couple of feet per day becase the faster u pull things up the more water resistance there is.

2 feet a day over 12,460 feet? You're seriously suggesting a lifting operation that'd take over 17 years?

I won't even get into the "huge tank of fresh water" lunacy.

Quote:
...Plus....WHY? its just a lump of metal what possible reason could you have for hauling it up...the thing is a wreck......and a grave yard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------why?, because over 1,500 people died from that ship. Because 1,500 people died on that "lump of meatal" thats why.

Why's that a reason to raise that lump of metal? What 'bout the other wrecks down there that'd claimed even more lives? What would raising a hulk do for any of them?

Quote:
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON THIS..THANK YOU

You're welcome.

Come to think of it, I should consider that you might've been joking 'bout all this. It's too ridiculous.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:06
  •  comando
      comando

From
Group:
Registered Users
hey i was bored so i did read evey post
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:12
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Nothing wrong with that.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:14
  •  comando
      comando

From
Group:
Registered Users
hey hey hey hold up here u quoted me on all that stuff ..yeah but i never said "2 feet per day" it would be more like 200 feet per day
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:15
  •  comando
      comando

From
Group:
Registered Users
Submarines, Cranes with computers that monitor weight and stress on every inch of the ship thats being lifted
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:18
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Ah okay, sorry 'bout that.

The rate at which you propose raising it really doesn't matter though, as we don't have such means and are talkin' 'bout a ship that wouldn't be able to handle bein' handled.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:18
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

comando wrote:
Submarines, Cranes with computers that monitor weight and stress on every inch of the ship thats being lifted

That's all fine and dandy. If only we had such ones capable of the task and a good reason to carry out the task.
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:20
  •  comando
      comando

From
Group:
Registered Users
YEAH so what u say we do??? take a shot at raising it before its too weak to even be touched or not raise it and wait 10 more years till its unrecognizable??? if we raise it it would be the greatest attraction since we launched into space
Posted on: 2006/3/20 3:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.