Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
anyone know anything on olympic
Guest_Anonymous
i know lodes on olympic but i heve gaps in my reasearch like the incerdent with the brittish hawk in 1911 on its 5 voyafge and that switch ment to happwen i just dont have a lot of pictrures of olympic in its army colers ready for when i start to write a book on the 3 biggest moving ships in history an i need help with infomaATION BUT NOT TO MUCH I KNOW OLYMPIC WAS SCRAPED IN 1937 WHEN ITS HULL WENT FOR SCRAP YARDD WITCH I SAY WAS NOT FARE AS IT WAS ONE OF THE GRANDEST SHIPS IN ITS TIME AND IT WAS STILL CAPLE BULL OF DOING 23 KNOTS WERE THE FASTEST SHIP IN THE WOALD DOSE 32 KNOTS SO IT WASENT OUTDATED AT A,LL MAYBRE IT HAD GOT CONVERTED TO OIL INSTEAD OF STEAM BUT A LICK OF FRESH PAINT WOULD OF NOT HURT IT IT WOULD OF BROUGHT IT BACK TO BEUTIFUL NESS AND HIOW COMES PEPLE SAY IT WAS A STUOPID SHIP
Posted on: 2006/7/8 12:47
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree
Re: anyone know anything on olympic

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
switch ment to happwen

There was no switch 'meant' to happen. There's not much reason to believe there ever was a switch, either. There's too much against it to be plausible.

Quote:
3 biggest moving ships in history

What ships are those? Certainly not the Olympics. There were larger ships completed even before Britannic.

Quote:
OLYMPIC WAS SCRAPED IN 1937 WHEN ITS HULL WENT FOR SCRAP YARDD WITCH I SAY WAS NOT FARE AS IT WAS ONE OF THE GRANDEST SHIPS IN ITS TIME AND IT WAS STILL CAPLE BULL OF DOING 23 KNOTS WERE THE FASTEST SHIP IN THE WOALD DOSE 32 KNOTS SO IT WASENT OUTDATED AT A,LL

Olympic wasn't incredibly grand or splendrous compared to some of the other ships that were out there. And 23 knots in an era of 30+ knot ships isn't outdated? If you say so...

Quote:
MAYBRE IT HAD GOT CONVERTED TO OIL INSTEAD OF STEAM

It wasn't "converted to oil instead of steam." It was still a steamship after its conversion to oil. The boilers were just fired with oil instead of coal.
Posted on: 2006/7/8 17:41
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.